Spalted Birch Ice Cream Bowl

I thought this would fit in with everyone’s expectations of a proper ice cream bowl – for a single serving of course!

Spalted White Birch, 11 ¼” diameter x 3 ¼” high, sanded to 320 grit, 5 coats of Minwax Wipe-On Gloss Poly.

Ice Cream V1.JPG Ice Cream V2.JPG Ice Cream V3.JPG Ice Cream V4.JPG

As always, any comments, critiques or opinions are appreciated!

Thanks for looking! :wave:

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with Darren. :eek: I think it's the perfect size for ice cream. If it was much bigger I wouldn't be able to have my 2nd helping. :D
Well, okay I could have a 2nd helping but it might hurt a bit afterwards. Luckily I'm quite familiar with eating treats until I hurt. :eek: :dunno:

Steve, an icecream bowl, why not, never saw this before, at least not that big, but I like the idea.
Anyway a very nice bowl.
Ad :thumb:

Man, that's some killer wood, Steve. You did a great job showing it off, too. :thumb:

I'm thinkin' it's about the right size for a bowl of Chocolate Chex or Cocoa Crispies.
eating.gif

classic form and well executed as usual, steve. but i'm going to suggest salad instead of artery clogging ice cream for the filler.

just kidding...i eat cherry chocolate chip every evening and have made it to 70 so it must be good for you.

Nice bowl, we had one, actually I thing my older brother still has it, when I was young, used as a popcorn bowl. Remember sitting in front of the B&W TV watching The wonderful world of Disney on Sunday nights (yes just aged myself). Thanks for making and posting the bowl, just brought back good childhood memories :D

Tom