another woodworking conundrum

It looks like the EZ Smart stuff I ordered yesterday will be delivered today. But I still haven't completed a handle for my Thompson bowl gouges that arrived earlier this week. I don't know what to play with over the weekend!

Maybe Ned will come over Saturday and help out by playing with the bowl gouge while I play with the EZ Smart... :wave:

Any other advice would be welcomed! :thumb:

It looks like the EZ Smart stuff I ordered yesterday will be delivered today...

Sounds like you bought pretty much the 'full boat' of EZ stuff. You're gonna like it, I'm sure!

Did Dino throw in the free shipping? Just curious.

I don't have the repeater, or the router 'carrier' for mine, but it sure works nice with the Makita saw. I do have the handle for the square, but truthfully, find it unnecessary, since the hand-sized slot in the square makes it easy to hold it in position.

BTW, for narrow pieces, I've found that positioning the square on the far side of the workpiece, and pulling it against the workpiece works better than putting it on the near side and pushing. YMMV...

There was a reasonable shipping fee - less than $1 / lb. The Sawmill Creek sale prices explicitly said no free shipping, so I can't complain.

Regarding my conundrum, my plan is to at the very least get the V bowl gouge properly handled. After that who knows what I will end up doing. I'll be able to try three things new to me - bowl turning, EZ Smart operations or dovetail jig. I think Ned was up late last night watching the baseball game (the Mets are a baseball team, right?) - maybe he'll show up later and graciously volunteer to come play with some of the new toys to help me decide what I should play with. :thumb:

If someone showed up with a free tool I might almost be tempted to turn them down, what with all the new toys to play with! :huh: :rofl:

I'll gladly come visit sometime this weekend, just not tonight... I have a date tonight ;):D After two busy weeks of work travel, I thought it would be nice to become reacquainted with my wife.
and I've got photo duties on saturday evening, Adam is going to a dance and Lori wants pics of the happy couples... Adam and his girlfriend and his buddy Josh and his girlfriend.
I wish I hadn't stayed up to watch the Mets, as they lost in a close game. Oh well. that's baseball for ya.