powermatic 3520b

Vacation? :eek: How in the world do you expect to relax during a vacation knowing you have a truckload of mustard just waiting to be fired up?
:p

Congrats, and welcome to Club Mustard. :thumb:

Don't make it worse VAUGHN!!!:( Well motor home all loaded and we are off for a week.:doh: But I know what I have to come home too!!:D:D:D:D:D

Well a little update for ya. We had a great vacation, the mustard stayed safe and sound in the back of my truck till today!!:doh: Got it in the shop now and all put together along with the dust collector. I had to help my dad build a deck on his house this evening, and will be working to much all week so expect a new update later this week. And WOW, it is a beast!!:D I got home and went to the shop and just stared at it and wished I had the 220 wired up for it. I will send pics sometime this week. CLUB MUSTARD ROCKS!!:):):):D:D

Glad to hear the trip was good, and that you got your Mustard assembled. :thumb: I can relate to the waiting for 220v game. I had to wait several weeks before I could spin mine up. Like most good things, it was worth the wait.

Zack just wait until you take your first deep cut. You will be amazed at the power of the monster. I've been having a ball turning mesquite vases, pine vases, 16" winged bowls, even little mesquite tops for the grandkids and their friends. I'm waiting now on a complete set of Don Pencils Hollow Form Tools. I was very lucky last month to get a private HF lesson with Wally Dickerman, first lesson and a great teacher. Enjoy your new toy, can't wait to see some of your work....Bruce

Sorry it took so long!!!!

Won't try to make excuses, but just got really busy at work and with family. Here is my new mustard, absolutely love it!! Made a few things and scraped a few good pieces of wood:huh:. Short story of trying to go to thin:eek: Either way from what I now know, anyone looking for a new lathe, go with the mustard!!! Truly nice machine:thumb::thumb::thumb: Oh and really sorry it took so long to get the pic's posted.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 36
Zack now the expensive part starts, I've added a custom made steel snake, vacuum chucks, new inserts for SN2, of course new set of Don Pencil hollowing tools, and bowl buffing system (both sizes), three or four new scrapers, power sanding set up, Sandpaper up to 1000 grit, made 3 mini hollowing tools, thats probably about half of what I've added since buying my 3520b. I think thats why they call it the Vortex it just keeps sucking money...enjoy your new toy, hope it slows down at work so you can make some more chips...Bruce

Oh ya the new camera, photo tent and lights also.....

Zack,

Nice machine, glad you could get it set up. Mine's not yellow, it's green, but that's just from envy... ;)

But what's the deal? That big old hunk of iron to turn that little tiny chunk of wood? ;) What's up with that? ;)

Looks great!

Thanks,

Bill

Yes very sweet,,,,,oh and ok Bill I will see what I can do, I have to work all weekend but tuesday maybe I will start a huge piece:huh: Don't know what yet but will see if I can get one to please ya Guess over 12 inch diameter would be huge for me, I will see what I can do.