New Air Brush

Stuart Ablett

When I was at the DIY shop today, they had a sale on airbrushes, I've always wanted one, and I played around with one just a little bit in high school. A Japanese friend suggested that I get one for painting some turnings, I'd tried it by brush, but the results were not great, he uses an air brush and loves it.

This is what I got........

mx2900_air_brush.jpg
It is rebranded here to "Anest Iwata" but it is a "Campbell Hausfeld MP2900" or very similar. I paid about $25 for it, on sale, so I'm happy :D

Now I have to figure out how to use it........... anyone have a good online link for beginner on how to use an airbrush?

Cheers!

Iwata is one of the major airbrush players, so it might not be rebranded.

It looks like you picked up a double action model. Take time doing the dots, lines and shading exercises to learn control.

Happy spraying!

Thanks for the link too Mark.

The air brush actually has "Campbell Hausfeld" written on it, and it looks like nearly exactly the same kit as the MP2900.....

MP2900_400.jpg
MP2900

Congrats, Stu. :thumb: Funny you should mention airbrushes...I'm in the clear coat stage of finishing my first air brushed turned piece. I got a Paasch setup a while back and finally had an appropriate piece of wood to try it on.

More to come in a few days...

I've got the Paasch as well, had it since HS. My daughter is working at a airbrush shop at the local amusement park, so got it out the other day for her to play with. Didn't have any airbrush paints left that were any good, but had a bunch of the water based craft paints. We watered them down and used them instead, worked just fine.