Need Opinions / Reality Check

Wes Bischel

OK, I've got a long list of painting duties for this summer.
Exterior stain 6 pieces of outdoor furniture.
Repaint a playhouse.
Paint a new shed.
Paint a few rooms (3) in the house.
Paint interior trim.
Paint exterior trim.

I picked up a Wagner Paint Crew Sprayer yesterday. It has a roller attachment with it as well. Thought was the staining, sheds, and interior walls would go easier with this unit. http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/portal/wagner_paint_crew_spray,43225,747.html

I also have a big ol' compressor and a few spray guns (conventional) that I've used for automotive work. (I can't remember off hand the tip sizes) As well as the standard roller/brush assortment.

I'm not sure if I should keep the Wagner (not opened yet). I'm now second guessing the purchase. Should I use the conventional gun for the staining and go old school with the rest? Or will the Wagner make things go faster? (including clean-up;))

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Wes

OK, I've got a long list of painting duties for this summer.
Exterior stain 6 pieces of outdoor furniture. ///should work fine,way better than buy hand
Repaint a playhouse. ////agin better than buy hand
Paint a new shed////agin better than buy hand.
Paint a few rooms (3) in the house. ////agin better than buy hand but you will have to put down drop clothes
Paint interior trim. this is a toss up, if its attached then buy hand is better if not then spray is better

Paint exterior trim//// same thought pattern here wes..

Wes

i have used them for everything from interior walls to whole garage exteriors to barn roofs,, your automotive setup probally wont work with the thicker material.. without gettin a new nozzel and then you need to fill the cup alot more than right out of the bucket like can with your sprayer,,,the only otyher thing to look at is cost vrs rental and they maintain it..and how often you plan on using it.

Last edited:
Larry, (and Stu)
Thanks for the info! Renting hadn't even crossed my mind!:doh: I'll have to call around tomorrow and get rental prices. I bet a lot could get done in a day - or weekend if I had my act together.

I've been dreading the outdoor furniture - I'm still painting parts of a trellis - long story.:eek:

Thanks for laying out the pros and cons.

Wes

I don't know, Wes...

I keep trying those things, thinking I'll save time...

But I always end up spending more time futzing with the thing than I would have if I just went ahead and painted. I know some people seem to like them, but they may be more mechanically inclined ( or less of an idiot) than I am! ;)

And I always seem to use way more paint than I would normally. It's wierd, that one... ;)

Thanks,

Bill