Thinking about a new kitchen

Rennie!!!!

my wife just happened to drop in the shop as i was looking at your kitchen pics and the first thing she said was get that lady a new kitchen!!!! so consider yourself told buy one of the magistrates:D,, the fence should wait..i think you could have that kitchen done before ken gets all his made:) maybe ken could drop in to help you out seein as how he is only part time now:)

my wife just happened to drop in the shop as i was looking at your kitchen pics and the first thing she said was get that lady a new kitchen!!!! so consider yourself told buy one of the magistrates:D,, the fence should wait..i think you could have that kitchen done before ken gets all his made:) maybe ken could drop in to help you out seein as how he is only part time now:)
Well, I guess that settles it then!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rennie,

I wouldn't pay any attention to a guy who goes on vacation down south and we find photographic evidence of him having consumed too many barley pops and fell over with the chair still attached to his backside. How much credibility can someone like that have?:eek::huh::D

Rennie....He only lives about 2,100 miles away and at `12 miles to the gallon the gas cost would not be bad. The beer cost and the possible damage to your lawn chairs, however, is a different matter!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rennie....He only lives about 2,100 miles away and at `12 miles to the gallon the gas cost would not be bad. The beer cost and the possible damage to your lawn chairs, however, is a different matter!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

now we all know I'm not the fastest woodworker around, but even I could knock together a couple of good adirondack chairs for the occasion if someone were to drive 1200 miles to help out with a kitchen. And since they would be new, they'd have to be broken in during the visit. Heck, they would just go to waste otherwise dontcha know?

Are you doing away with the soffits above the upper cabinets too? Not too many houses new houses have them now. Makes a big difference on making the room look bigger. Could also opt for taller cabinets for extra storage if you feel like you need it.

Are you doing away with the soffits above the upper cabinets too? Not too many houses new houses have them now. Makes a big difference on making the room look bigger. Could also opt for taller cabinets for extra storage if you feel like you need it.
Our house was built in the mid seventies - for those of you youngsters out there, that was during the energy crisis, when gas went from $.30 to over a dollar a gallon!:eek:

Many houses built during this time, like mine, do not have full 8' ceilings. The ceiling was dropped a few inches to reduce volume and keep the heated air in the house closer to the inhabitants. What all this means is that the soffit is smaller than would normally be seen and it always feels like the room is closing in on you. So, yes, the soffits are coming out!:thumb:

the new counter!!!

seein as how you are gettin new cabs and taking out the soffits you could possibly change the dinning area to be alittle differnty too the floor wont match huney:) so that new granite top will really look nice with the new floor in that area too.. exspecailly with the new stainless appliances, and while your changin out the sink go ahead and instaul a garbage grinder too that way the stuff left over will bio degrade faster,, gotta think green rennie and for you thye gas cost is included in the price but the beer well thats a differnt story and you did say i have awhile to get there right!!

seein as how you are gettin new cabs and taking out the soffits you could possibly change the dinning area to be alittle differnty too the floor wont match huney:) so that new granite top will really look nice with the new floor in that area too.. exspecailly with the new stainless appliances, and while your changin out the sink go ahead and instaul a garbage grinder too that way the stuff left over will bio degrade faster,, gotta think green rennie and for you thye gas cost is included in the price but the beer well thats a differnt story and you did say i have awhile to get there right!!
$$$$$$$:bonkers:$$$$$$$