Dang that hurts!!

Jeff Horton

Fair warning, I am whining.

Last Saturday as I was pulling on a nylon ratchet strap I felt the burn. Big time! Like a fire in my side. Obviously I pulled a muscle. Well here it is a week latter and for some reason after getting better it got worse. Slept miserable last night. Couldn't get comfortable. Would wake up and it would hurt to move. Just really sore again and I have been good and not doing anything to aggravate it.

I had an Inspection this morning and that REALLY didn't help. It hurts to take a deep breath now! And to add insult to injury. I got my offer to join AARP yesterday. :) I would laugh but it hurts to bad.

Sounds like it might be time to get it checked on. After experiencing the 11th anniversary of my 50th, I warn you that the AARP mailings come weekly or so it seems. Getting older is not always pleasant. But it beats the alternative, if you know what I mean. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help you return to your "old" self.:doh::doh:

My very proud, in a good way, and independent MIL said no to AARP....until she saw the discounts on so many things that came with it....now she embraces it.

Hope you heal well and fast...can't take the kayak out if you can't paddle.

I hope that you get well, but excuse my ignorance. What does AARP stand for??

I do no want to make a joke but the only thing I can imagine is American Association of Retired People and that doesn't make any sense to me.

I hope that you get well, but excuse my ignorance. What does AARP stand for??

I do no want to make a joke but the only thing I can imagine is American Association of Retired People and that doesn't make any sense to me.

man i have taught you well toni your real close,,, see those mixed up letters i type are worht while:D:rofl: actually i didnt realize that so many of you folks are so old man i am glad that i havent got there yet and as most think,,if i keep up as i am i nevr will:):rofl:

You got it Toni! Bottom line is it is a business. They work to get legislation/laws passed and they arrange a lot of Discounts to their members through companies that work with them. Bottom line is they are out to make a buck. Not that that they are a bad organization, it's just a business.

Going to take it easy over the weekend and see if it gets better of worse. I really think it's just a strained or pulled muscle BUT I am not stupid either. If it's not better I will get an appointment with the Doctor.

Hi Jeff.

So it is a vulture association that as soon as they know that you have some problem they come to you with the excuse of helping you but they are helping themselves as well.

Hi Jeff.

So it is a vulture association that as soon as they know that you have some problem they come to you with the excuse of helping you but they are helping themselves as well.

Well, yes and no. The 'association' does offer many benefits at prices that are highly competitive.
OTOH, the 'association' represents certain political views that are not shared by many members. Perhaps only a small minority share the 'official' views.

...So it is a vulture association that as soon as they know that you have some problem they come to you with the excuse of helping you but they are helping themselves as well.

It's not that they know someone is having problems, they just start mailing promotional literature to most Americans when they are about 45 years or so old. They offer discounts for things that many older people need, like insurance or travel, and charge a yearly fee to "belong" to the group. For many people, the money they save with the special discounts is more than the cost of membership, so it's a good deal for many people. My parents and grandparents were members, and they saw it as beneficial, I think.

Like Frank said, they also try to influence laws to favor older people, but not all older people agree with their opinions and suggestions.

They send me advertising all the time, but I think it's just because they haven't seen a picture of me. If they saw me, I suspect they'd decide they don't want someone like me to be associated with their group. :rofl:

Jeff, that almost sounds like a separated rib injury. Especially the deep breath part. And believe me, the only thing that will heal that is time with no straining that area. Hard to do and work in the shop. Been there/done that. Took about 6 weeks to heal. I'd tell you about it, but that would be a post for the thread about the embarrassing things that we have tone. ;) Jim.

I'm still tossing the AARP stuff when it comes. LOML thinks they're hilarious. I can relate to things getting hurt more easily and staying hurt longer. I shouldn't have wasted all that 'recovery power' on hangovers in college. I could sure use some of it now ;-)

Well my side is much better today. I slept pretty well but the LOML said I groaned a lot last night. Every time I rolled it it was an effort so I am sure she is right. Even though I don't remember it.

I got out and mowed grass this morning but I couldn't finish. Bouncing on the mower just wasn't getting it. I got half the front done the wife said she would do the other half. Just let the back grow up for now.

Whenever Doorlink wants to get a good dig in, she tells me, at length, about how I'm now eligible for membership... ;)

I'm glad you're better Jeff, but wouldn't a few days of rest actually be a little more sensible? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Glad to hear you're doing a little better. It hurts just reading about it. I hope tomorrow is better still.

Wes

I got my first AARP mailing when I was 24. I guess they knew I was already an old fart.:rolleyes: