Altendorf Innovations

Looks like a great idea...I'm surprised nobody has offered it before. I've got a pump, and I've considered getting one or two vacuum pads for holding pieces on a bench for sanding, but don't do enough flatwork to justify it.

Sliding tablesaws are a fascinating subject. Before I bought mine, to learn more about them, I would go over to Culver City and Anderson Plywood, where the workers operated an Altendorf exposed to the outdoors. I watched them for hours.

All I can say is they are very large machines. The workers complained about the size. It forced them to walk far to get from the left side over to the right side. Though only about 2 years old, Anderson sold it and got a General with the large blade. And I've taken classes offered at the Northern Calif. facility of Felder. I can't imagine what that caliber of equipment must be selling for these days. Probably 30% higher than 2006 prices, which were about $17K for Felder and about $23K for Altendorf.

Gary Curtis

Gary my sales person at Stiles, who carry's Altendorf, said the vacuum pods will probably be about a $5,000 option.

They also have a new crosscut fence called PQS. I'm not sure if that's an option or going to be standard.

Doug