40 Year Annivesary

Tomorrow will be my parents 40th wedding Anniversary. That is a pretty good feat I would say in this day and age.

40 years ago this was a unique wedding in that it was a triple wedding...with all three brides being sisters. They say its tough walking your daughter down the isle, but my Grandfather did it three times on the same day. Kind of unique.

In that 40 years my parents managed to survive two tours of Duty in Vietnam, had three biological children (I am #3) and adopt six more. Over the years they were foster parents and got an award for being National Foster Parent's of the Year, as well as taking care of 184 foster children...some were there for only a few days, some where there for years and others never left (adopted). Unfortunately they also had to bury one of their children, Trisha who was a foster child/adopted, but was killed in a car accident at 19 years old. This devastated them.

All in all, my Mom and Dad are good people and make good role models. And my Dad...well it sounds kind of corny, but he is my best friend. 40 years...yeah I am proud of my parents.

Travis, congratulations to your mom and dad that’s a great accomplishment. My wife's great aunt and uncle have keep foster kids forever. I talked to them the other day and asked how many they have had. He told me over 400! It takes special people to open their homes to children. My best friend and his wife have just finished all the stuff needed to keep kids.

Travis,

My congratulations to your parents and to you for recognizing who they are and what they have done with their lives. And to have your Dad as your best friend....well that is extremely nice.

It takes special people to share their lives, homes and love with children in need. Often, it's the love and guidance that prepares them to be contributing adults and citizens. It takes special people , indeed!

Again...My congrats!