Thread: Hogan Hardwoods-specifically Austin,TX

Hogan Hardwoods-specifically Austin,TX

There is a post on BT3 Central about the Hogan Hardwoods in Austin selling everything at 1/2 off. Evidently when Paxton sold out a few years back, one company bought the northern stores and kept the Paxton name, 3 or 4 southern stores were sold to someone else, who in turn sold them and became Hogan Hardwoods. These are now being sold to the new Paxton stores, and they are doing an inventory reduction sale before the company sells. Anyone know for sure? Is the DFW location included in this? Thought if it's true, it would be worth the heads up!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Jim,

Here's what Hogan's listing as being on sale in Austin: link

If you're in the market for TRUCK LOADS of Red Oak, you're in luck!

Seriously, I have a commercial account with Hogan. I know nothing about them going out of business or selling off to anyone.

I'd be interested in hearing if you find out more about this...
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, thereís no end to what you canít doÖ

The information I read said it was only the 3 N Texas stores, and 1 in OKC, not company wide. All of these stores used to be Paxton hard woods 20 years ago when I first started looking for local hard wood suppliers. They were more expensive than the other places I found locally. I liked Hogan the 2 times I went over there. HUGH warehouse of wood, There were 3 Semi's in there the last time and they looked like tonka toys in a 2 car garage. I helped find the Ipe I was looking for to build the threshold to my shop. (Shop floor is same height as the drive coming into it and right on the path of water flow to the creek!) So I hope the new company is as good as Hogan. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

There is one near Little Rock, Arkansas I have been meaning to visit. I believe Tod does business with them. Hope they aren't (negatively) affected.

i used to do business with paxton for quite a few years.........after the hogan buy-out they got kinda flakey.....now i buy from hogan....i`ll call today and get the scoop if anybodies interested? as far as i know they`re doing just fine..tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

In Austin (don't know about the other stores), there are two "storefronts" to the same warehouse - what I call the retail and the wholesale.

At least the retail is selling everything at half price. I am packed to the gills (stuff even stored under my bed) so I haven't gone to investigate, but a friend went and spent $1600 because of the bargains.

The wholesale (where you place your order at a salesman's desk rather than browsing through the boards) got real flaky after the sale to Hogan, so most of my bulk business has gone to Austin Hardwoods - they have taken great care of me, so I haven't gone back. But Austin Hardwoods just sold out also, so we will have to see.
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at www.solowoodworker.com