Hogan Hardwoods-specifically Austin,TX

Jim O'Dell

There is a post on BT3 Central about the Hogan Hardwoods in Austin selling everything at 1/2 off. Evidently when Paxton sold out a few years back, one company bought the northern stores and kept the Paxton name, 3 or 4 southern stores were sold to someone else, who in turn sold them and became Hogan Hardwoods. These are now being sold to the new Paxton stores, and they are doing an inventory reduction sale before the company sells. Anyone know for sure? Is the DFW location included in this? Thought if it's true, it would be worth the heads up!! Jim.

Jim,

Here's what Hogan's listing as being on sale in Austin: link

If you're in the market for TRUCK LOADS of Red Oak, you're in luck! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I have a commercial account with Hogan. I know nothing about them going out of business or selling off to anyone.

I'd be interested in hearing if you find out more about this...
- Marty -

The information I read said it was only the 3 N Texas stores, and 1 in OKC, not company wide. All of these stores used to be Paxton hard woods 20 years ago when I first started looking for local hard wood suppliers. They were more expensive than the other places I found locally. I liked Hogan the 2 times I went over there. HUGH warehouse of wood, There were 3 Semi's in there the last time and they looked like tonka toys in a 2 car garage. I helped find the Ipe I was looking for to build the threshold to my shop. (Shop floor is same height as the drive coming into it and right on the path of water flow to the creek!:eek:) So I hope the new company is as good as Hogan. Jim.

i used to do business with paxton for quite a few years.........after the hogan buy-out they got kinda flakey.....now i buy from hogan....i`ll call today and get the scoop if anybodies interested? as far as i know they`re doing just fine..tod

In Austin (don't know about the other stores), there are two "storefronts" to the same warehouse - what I call the retail and the wholesale.

At least the retail is selling everything at half price. I am packed to the gills (stuff even stored under my bed) so I haven't gone to investigate, but a friend went and spent $1600 because of the bargains.

The wholesale (where you place your order at a salesman's desk rather than browsing through the boards) got real flaky after the sale to Hogan, so most of my bulk business has gone to Austin Hardwoods - they have taken great care of me, so I haven't gone back. But Austin Hardwoods just sold out also, so we will have to see.