Need source for Tee Nuts 1/2 x 13 thread

Hi,

Am I looking for the impossible? I want four Tee Nuts for 1/2 diameter, 13 tpi, bolts?

This throws the local BORGs, Ace Hardwares, fastener specialty companies for a complete loop.

If these Tee Nuts are not made, I guess I will have to get some mild 3/8" steel, drill and tap for the 1/2" thread. Then add some small holes for screws to keep the plate from turning.

I also thought about getting someone to weld 1/2" nuts to thick washers. However, I assumed that this would be pricey (and to think, I used to have welding equipment).

It is amazing the amount of trouble this "simple" project is causing. As my oldest son would say, "Nothing is ever simple dad."

Enjoy,

Jim

But if you only need 4 of them.....I have found them at both the big orange and the big blue. In face one Lowes by me carries knife thread inserts. The Fastenal place in Weatherford looked at me like I was nutz. :rolleyes: But they could order them in large quantities.
Again try the borgs. The 1/2" may be a problem, but I know I've purchased 3/8" from them. They are in the pull out bins by the bolts and nuts. Jim.