Bandsaw blades

Lee Laird

Hello all,

I recently bought a MM 16 and was wondering where others are getting their blades. I bought a 1" Lenox Woodmaster CT via the internet and just got it home. I'd like to have a couple of different sizes like a 1/2" and maybe even a 1/4" or a 3/8". I'm in Austin TX and would prefer to buy locally but don't know any place that sells the proper length for my saw which is 154".

Thanks for any assistance.

Lee,

I exchanged emails with Mark Duginske. He prefers Olsen bi-metal blades though a lot of folks like Timberwolf. I called Olson direct and because of the odd size of the MM-16, they were able to sell directly to me because it's a special order.

I'd sure look at Timberwolf too!

Ken,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at each of those. Too bad this size isn't stocked.

What size blades do you have for your saw? Did you buy the cool blocks and attachment? If so, what is the smallest you'll run with the standard guides before swapping them out?

Thanks again,

Lee,

I bought 154" blades IIRC. That's what the MM-16 owner's manual recommended. I did buy the cool blocks and attachments. I'll probably use it on 1/4" and maybe 3/8". I bought IIRC 3/4", 1/2" 3/8" and 1/4" blades. The saw IIRC, came with 1/2" AND 1". I have the 1/2" that delivered on the saw installed right now. I've only done some test cuts. I'm in the process of finishing my shop. I just finished my 2nd hanging wall cabinet. I've got the moveable shelf to to rip and cut to length. Then paint the two cabinets so I can get my "stuff" off the floor. I'll regain 150 sq. ft. of floor space that way.

Timberwolf (actually Suffolk Mfg.) makes all blades to order. There is no problem with 'odd' size requirements.
Tod likes Ellis blades. Forget why I didn't try them, might have been a minimum order requirement. Dunno, but worth looking.