Bandsaw

Well the C-man bandsaw came in today. Had to drive 36 miles one way to pick it up but it saved me shipping so I guess was a wash. Anyway took about a 1/2 hr. to setup and start sawing. I like the blade guide bearings and it runs really quiet. I got the fence setup and adjusted. I cut a piece of oak scrap about 14" long and 3" wide. It was about a 1/64" off one end from the other. Don't think the lathe will notice. Cut some pen blanks getting them ready. All in all so far it has exceeded what I expected. The table is cast iron. So I am pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• Craftsman Bandsaw 1.jpg
    Craftsman Bandsaw 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 51
  • Craftsman Bandsaw 2.jpg
    Craftsman Bandsaw 2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Jim, it's the new bandsaw/lathe combo that everyone's talking about. It even doubles as a dust collector, too (see the hose?). :p I'm guess that after turning 14 pens in record time, Bernie had "lathe" on the brain when he posted.

Congrats on the new get, Bernie. That saw has been spoken highly of by a number of people.

Thanks all. Yep I had pens/lathe on the brain trying to get those pens finished before they closed. I also turned 3 others I need to get done so it took me about 6 hrs to turn and assembly plus 2 hrs to get the saw. Anyway I used it some more tonight and if it holds up it is going to be a great little saw. I can't believe how quiet and smooth it is compared to the Delta that shelled the motor.

Bernie
Congratulations Bernie. I hope it serves you long/well for years to come. This is a new one on me, need to read up on this saw. good Luck. Mitch

For the purpose intended, it should serve you well. And with that real :rolleyes: bandsaw in the background, you have all bases covered.

Everybody should have at least two bandsaws! :D

Mine are a Laguna 16", and a 28 year old TaiChi 14". I keep a 3/16 or 1/4 inch blade on the 14" and a 1/2 or 3/4 inch (currently a Highland Hardware 'WoodSlicer') on the Laguna. There are often times that I wish I had a third bandsaw for those "in between" jobs, too. :rolleyes:

And Bernie, I was just jerking your chain. I guess there should have been a few 'smilies' scattered about in that fist message...

No problem Jim. I was sure you were and hopefully there were a few chuckles around. I did correct it after the fact. I agree with the fact I wouldn't mind having another little one for scrolling. I like using the bandsaw rather than a scroll saw and so does the LOML.