First Farmers/Art market Saturday of the year.

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
Got up at 6:30 am. 6:45 - WOW can't see across the street due to rain coming down.:eek: 7:00 - rain down to a light shower, so I left for the show. BTW, LOML thinks I'm CRAZY!:huh: Told her I had to go down and pay for the year and who knows, it might stop.:dunno:

7:15 - Pull in to the show and it's raining harder now, so I get me an application copy to fill out and pull into my spot and park.:eek:

7:25 - Rain almost stopped, so I chose to set up my canopy and two tables without any draping and left the lathe in the van. Too wet to take a chance of gettin' Zapped!:)

Only had one customer that bought today, however, she is well know in the art community and she picked up two pieces (Sorry, I didn't even have time to get pictures of them yet). The first was a 12-1/2 X 3" tapered side Russian Elm bowl - $75.00 and a NE Sassafrass bowl 5"X4" $50.00. Subtract that from the annual booth rental and I will be even with one more $45.00 sale.:p

First year I've done that.:thumb:

Then went to Woodcraft and taught a turning class.:p

ASK ME IF I'M HAPPY----------------- sorry ----------NO! Didn't get to spend ANY time with my Granddaughter today.:eek::D:thumb::eek::eek::eek:

Congrats, Bruce. :clap: Sounds like you did very well, especially for a rainy day. Isn't it great how a couple of the higher-end pieces can take a nice bite out of the entry fees? I'm envious of your booth space prices. Mine have been running in the $250 to $350 range for one or two days. Here's hoping you have a great sales season this year. :thumb: