I'm so embarrassed.

Frank Fusco

:eek: My son and his family, and the family of his wife, eleven folks total, just returned from two weeks in Scotland trying to track some of their Irish/Scottish roots. Son, Evan, took about 1000 photos and posted half of them. Here is one of him wearing a kilt. Those shoes and the T shirt don't exactly compliment the outfit. And, he is more Italian than anything. What have I wrought?

Attachments

• Evan in kilt.jpg
    Evan in kilt.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 92
It's okay Frank, seems the kilt is worn by rednecks as well. :rofl:

100_28411.jpg

....and have a look at those shoes. :rofl:

:eek: My son and his family, and the family of his wife, eleven folks total, just returned from two weeks in Scotland trying to track some of their Irish/Scottish roots. Son, Evan, took about 1000 photos and posted half of them. Here is one of him wearing a kilt. Those shoes and the T shirt don't exactly compliment the outfit. And, he is more Italian than anything. What have I wrought?
Cheer up Frank. He may not be Mel Gibson, but it could be worse.:rofl: Though I'm guessing the folk in Michigan might be more, uh, open to different dress than those in the Ozarks.:D
100_28411.jpg

well there's an atta boy

frank is that tartan the family color or just something that was avaible for picture takin? the tartan that i had on was my familys colors.. the design and color represents the clan they are from,, and as for the shoes guys the ones i had on did qualify. so there:):thumb: and rennie we up north folk can wear what we please as long as were covered:D its them southerners that have the reputation of goin barefoot... not us yanks:rofl:

The few times I've seen guys here in LA wearing kilts, they were not plaid, but solid color. And they guys wearing them were big and burly enough that I don't suspect anyone gave them a hard time about it.

These guys make kilts as utility clothing:

http://www.utilikilts.com/

frank is that tartan the family color or just something that was avaible for picture takin? the tartan that i had on was my familys colors.. the design and color represents the clan they are from,, and as for the shoes guys the ones i had on did qualify. so there:):thumb: and rennie we up north folk can wear what we please as long as were covered:D its them southerners that have the reputation of goin barefoot... not us yanks:rofl:

I don't know but will ask. His wife's and in-laws family name is McAlister.

I asked son, Evan, and, yes, that is the tartan of clan McAlister. They were at some kind of event or reunion for McAlisters. He was the only American present that would put on a kilt. And, he was the only one present that wasn't a McAlister. I think I will have to make him a sgian dubh to go with it.

ya know Frank, I gotta ask,

what's a sgian dubh?

I was expecting someone to take the bait. ;)
For the record, it is permissible to say that on FW.
Spelled, and pronounced, several ways, it is a small knife carried in the high stocking when a man is in full Scottish dress with a kilt. It is considered a 'must' for a man.
Some will debate that it must be a small knife. I was once shown a reference that indicated some were rather large belt knives. But, usually, they are about 3" to 4" blades worn in the stocking.

it was there in the white furry piece, and was a 3.5 blade but had 2 others that was shorter and in the ole days there wernt unders just a loin cloth in some case's glad that it was a clan tartan.. to bad they couldnt jpoin in the merry ment in there family roots.. 2 cheers for your son. and no the cork was out toni i was jist gittun a sip or two:) had many that day it was my first daughters weddin and the oldest daughter was my partner:) she was still single then..