For Toni & Larry - and anyone else...

OK - it looks as though over 40 of you have read this thread so far, and when I check the photo site it appears over 20 have viewed the slide show.:thumb: No comments? :dunno: This was one of my earliest attempts at putting together a slide show.:eek: I know it's not great, but I don't think it's too bad.:rofl:

Go ahead. I can take it. Express an opinion. I want to learn more about doing this kind of thing so constructive comments are more than welcome. Thanks!:D

Hi Rennie.

I'll look at it tonight. I'm just peeping on the forum a bit from my job place at lunch time.
Thanks in advance for posting the link though.

Rennie

I am using Firefox Firefox/2.0.0.14 and et the green icon. When I click to download it says no plug in available..

I have other machines. This is WIN 98 and I have up thru XP on other machines. This is still the old workhouse for email and lists..
Garry

Nice slide show Rennie.

Looks like an awesome place.

Too bad it looks like the place is not available this season. Any idea why?

Dead Wood Look Out

How far in advance do you have to reserve that kind of thing?

Nice slide show Rennie.

Looks like an awesome place.

Too bad it looks like the place is not available this season. Any idea why?

Dead Wood Look Out

How far in advance do you have to reserve that kind of thing?
Hi Brent,

It was closed all last season for refurbishing. I thought it was supposed to be open this year.:dunno: Might also be an access issue - we had a rough winter.

Some of the more popular, or more easily accessible, cabins and lookouts book up very quickly for weekends - especially holiday weekends. The earliest you're allowed to book is 6 months in advance for most of them. If you can go in during the week you have a much better shot. The website used for reservations has a feature that allows you to scan the calendar to search for unbooked dates. Very handy. I've stayed in about 8 different ones in OR and ID - PM me if you'd like a recommendation.

We've done some camping vacations up in Oregon and Idaho in the past. Stayed at Lake Owhyee a couple of times.

Used to have a client in Boise, and instead of flying, we would load the camper up and make my client visit a working vacation.

Love the area, but most likely we won't be taking any serious vacations for a while...