Brand new AAW chapter

Ned Bulken

DSC08462.jpg

There's 99% of the turnout for the first meeting of the chapter, (minus me of course, I was just visiting)

Some of the folks are some scrollers who showed up to learn about turning pens, The rest are the regular club members.

DSC08412.jpg

Brand new Banner

Drag & Brag: (MY term, borrowed from the woodworking club I used to belong to in Sillycuse the folks there were fantastic and just sharing what they did amongst themselves)

DSC08415.jpg

DSC08448.jpg

Demo of how to turn a pen:
DSC08416.jpg

DSC08420.jpg

DSC08441.jpg

New turners at the lathe
DSC08460.jpg

Ned,

Looks like a great group. Nice to see the little girl in the background, keep the kids interested! :thumb:

What was that bowl with the large reddish circles on it!? :huh:

I would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut about that DC line going above the windows -- that has to be 20+ feet along the wall of flex pipe! Horribly inefficient. They should at least throw some 4" PVC up there along the wall and just have flex for the drops. :eek:

Thanks Ned !

Great pictures of our meeting. Thanks for taking and posting them for us. It was real nice to have you visit. I hope you'll be back soon.

Our new AAW chapter is called the Old Country Guild of Woodturners and is based in the New York Capital region. The meeting place is in Schenectady, NY at a school for at-risk kids who basically have no where else to go. The shop program is very popular there with the kids. We are very fortunate that they let us use their space.

Maybe we can help them improve the dust collection. That would be a good project for the Guild as a way to show our appreciation to the school.:thumb:

Art, the bowl you asked about is Norfolk Island Pine from Florida.

Last edited: