Happy Father's Day to Me .....

Stuart Ablett

OK, Father's day is this weekend, and we are busy with a bunch of stuff, I knew that everyone would be busy, so I took it on myself to reduce the stress the my wife and kids would have, and got myself a grab bag of goodies :D

I'm such a nice guy ;) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

carbide_forstner_bits_1.jpg carbide_forstner_bits_2.jpg
In making these toothpick holders, I've found that the forstner bits that I have, don't leave a nice smooth hole, so I bought some of the carbide tipped ones from Rockler........... (I also got a bit extender!)

carbide_forstner_bits_smooth.jpg
..... they do leave a much nicer, smoother hole :thumb:

sorby_thin_part.jpg
I also got a thin parting tool, I've been using a handmade one, that used an old thick hacksaw blade, and it just does not work well, so it was time to buy a real one.

universal_fence_clamps.jpg
I got some of these universal fence clamps, I think these will work well!

xtreme_xtension.jpg
Here is something that I have wanted for a long while, the Xtreme Xtension has gotten great marks, from what I've read, and it will make my router table that much easier to use.

irwin_40t_blade1.jpg
This one, was an "Impulse" buy :D
I saw this, and for $25, yep $25, I got this 40t combo blade for my table saw, and one thing I REALLY like about this blade...........

iriwn_40t_blade2.jpg
Yep, NOT made in China, nothing against China, just nice to see some stuff made elsewhere is all.

Anyone have any experience with these blades?

Well, that will be my Father's Day present to myself, like I said, I do this to help out my lovely wife and kids, reduce their stress level............... (that is my story, and I'm sticking to it :D )

Yes, Forstner's just don't make it with end grain boring. Not intended to. But, those you bought are a different critter. Let us know how they work for you. the Irwin brand is getting around. I had thought it was the store brand for Lowe's but I'm seeing it other places as well. Have no idea about quality yet.

Congrats on having someone who cares enough to know what you wanted for Father's Day! At least you won't be sending a polka-dotted/striped tie back to the local JC Penny's!:D

Nice grab bag!

Sorry about this Stu, but I've never seen such a level of self spoilment except in myself,( well... not even that but I wanted to soften it a bit):rofl::rofl: but I do have an excuse, I do not have children.

Oh well... yours is also a very good excuse, always caring for your family...

You'll need to make thousands of thooth pic holders to justify your inversion.
Have you calculated the ROI already??:D:D

I was just thinking of doing some stress relieving myself. Rockler just sent me a rewards coupon and the free powermatic needs a fence. You will like those drill bits. I used to run Irwin blades until I came across a box of Freud blades in a pawn shop.

Actually, no one in my family buys me gifts anymore as I am so particular about my tools. They just give me cash or gift cards and I go to the store myself.

Now, let's see. Father's day - Woodcraft - Bessey's on sale...... hmmmmmmm