Flag Case - Need Pics!

Ed Nelson

This past week my wifes stepfather was called home and the service was held yesterday. It was very nicely done and the American Legion provided Honor Guard service for a man who served and loved his country.

I would like some ideas for a flag case that I can present to my MIL. So, please show some pics!

Hi Ed :wave:,
This is a good project.
First get the flag dimensions, add the needed fudge factor, rip one long board. Figure an inset bottom, and a groove for glass in the lid with room for glass bead to hold the glass in (thus groove equals the size of the bead+the thickness of the glass +the saw kerf when you rip the long board to seperate the lid from the body). All of the box grooves can be done on the long board, except the mortise for the tiny butt hinges.
You can figure this through, however, sometimes a trusted plan works too.:dunno:
6- 60° cuts :doh:.
Shaz :)

Hi Rennie! Thanks!

Hi Shaz! I'm not really looking for plans, just some design ideas. The basic triangle is good, but I think I want to add a display area for any medals he had. The Honor Guard also collected the casings from the 21 gun salute and presented them to my MIL. I'd like to incorporate them some how also. Originally I thought of placing them in the display area, but had a brainstorming idea from friends and family to possibly use the casings as studs around the frame. Thought I'd see what some of the guys here may have done for some inspirational ideas!

I was in a dear sweet lady's home last week and she had displayed her departed husbands WWII Medals and his flag in a Triangle case like Rennie showed but it also had an extension to the triangle providing additional space for the medals (he had quite a few)