Ben's flat and round work

ken werner

So Ben took an independent study during his Senior year in HS. It turned out to include alot of one on one in the shop with me. This table was his last piece finished, and we were at it for hours on Fathers Day, as the deadline was today. These dovetails are his first!! Hand cut, no jigs. Drawer bottom is solid pine, beveled.

The joinery is M & T aprons into the legs, he designed and built it all. Finished with Watco, then shellac then wax. If I sound a bit proud, it's because I am. Very.

Attachments

• Ben's table2.jpg
    Ben's table2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 76
  • drawer.jpg
    drawer.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 48
  • table.jpg
    table.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 52
Wowsers! He did a great job on it. (Musta had a good teacher.)

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh? :p Whatsa matter Ben? You been busy or what?

Oh yeah, sure, but what is his High Score on X-Box 360 :D :rolleyes: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ben, that is one nice piece of work, I think anyone here would be proud to have that in their home.

Ken, you certainly have every right to be proud, a job well done by the Werner men! :clap: :thumb:

Ken and Ben,

That is a great looking piece. Very nice to hear how it was built. You aced the drawer and even though it is rarely seen I like the bevel on the underside of the drawer; nice touch.

thanks guys! here are some better pictures cause my dad cant take pics for his life :p:rofl:

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg