Making a big mess...........

Stuart Ablett

........boy did I make a big mess :D

I turned a lot of the chunks of wood I had left, that would not make very good bowl blanks, into what I hope will be HF blanks......

The last one was on the large side..........

bigchunk_log_1.jpg
Maybe the biggest chunk of wood I've had on the lathe yet :D

bigchunk_log_blank_done.jpg
That was fun to do! :thumb:

bunch_o_blanks.jpg
Here are all the various blanks I got the last day or two, I have a ton of this wood to now turn, should be fun!

lots_of_chips.jpg
I cleaned up the Dungeon, I had to , I was getting to be calf deep in some areas:eek:

bags_of_garbage.jpg
Here is a partial result of the clean up, lots of bags of garbage!:D

Cheers!

I knew you were MY KIND OF TURNER, That looks JUST like my shop. I've been looking at Nova's new 1624-44. Very interesting, althought not VS.

Does up to 16" bowl over the ways, has rotating head for larger pieces, 24 points of index. Looks a lot like your DVR.

Haven't seen the price yet. That might kill the deal for now.

Bruce

BTW...... That's not garbage. It is EXPENSIVE MULCH, if you can find a buyer:p

Last edited:
I heard that the new 1624-44 was supposed to be at the just under $1000 price point, with the steel (not cast iron) stand, if so, I'd jump on the with both feet for sure! :thumb:

I took the 7 bags of wood chips to the local shrine where the guy does a compost, he has been very kind to me taking all of this stuff, so today I took along a decent Red Keyaki bowl I'd done, and gave it to his wife. Her eyes just lit up, and she was SO happy, she asked me a zillion questions on how I made it etc.

She told me I should start selling them in my L shop :D

I told her I did pens too, and I think if I gave her one, I'd get an order for a few, they are always in need of gifts to give patrons.

Cheers!

I see ye figgered out that ye can make stuff round on a lathe too. :rofl:
BTW, all those shavings are a sign of a real woodworker/turner.
I hope you don't smoke in the dungeon and have a fire extinguisher handy.