Ryobi deal

Bill Simpson

Walking through HD yesterday to get a bag of salt for the water softener, doing my usual quick scan for things I can't live without and there was an 18v Ryobi drill just like the one I have at home and this one was marked down to $29. including the battery and charger. In the basket and out the door, last one. :thumb:

Bill I got a pretty good deal on a Ryobi 18V about 6 months ago. I picked up a Drill & circular saw with 2 batteries & a charger for $39.

Kool! beat me at the punch... I have the entire Ryobi Kit w/ travel bag, (kids got me for Christmas one year) and the two most favorite parts are the drill and small circular saw. They both are so handy and powerful.

About the only ONE+ tool I can't recommend is the angle grinder. This kind of tool just requires corded juice for me to be happy. Also, I bought a 12" blade for the reciprocating saw and can't think of a job where the 10" chainsaw would be better than the recip with 12" blade.

I'm very happy with the rest of the ONE+ tools I have. I don't know if they'd stand up to continuous hard use, but for what I do they work great.

I have quite a few of these tools as well. I think they are great! I just noticed they now have a string trimmer as well. The local HD have been sold out for about 3 weeks now...$39 for a trimmer is a heck of a deal. I need to upgrade to the new batteries, as the one drawback to the 18v+one system is the short charge time, IMO.

Like I said before the drill and the circular saw is my favorites, The sawsall is nominal at best and handy to trim shrubry where it has gotten stalky. The Chainsaw has been useful with small limbs and tree cropping back. The jig saw sorta comes in handy but my corded one is my jewel. Whats with that flash light? and vaccum?

All in all that is one fine tool kit and handy to tote to my mom's and aunt's who always have a "List" when I come down....

Congrats on the good deal, Bill. :thumb:

...Whats with that flash light?...
I got a flashlight with a Hitachi drill package, and it gets used more than the drill. LOML or I use it nightly when we take the dogs out, and since it's rechargeable, we're no longer buying giant economy size packages of C-cell batteries. (We used to use my 8-cell scuba diving light. Very bright, but very battery-hungry.)

Through a couple of separate purchases, I've now got the Hitachi drill, flashlight and impact driver, plus four batteries and two chargers. I've always got a freshly-charged battery on hand for any of the three tools.