Hello.

Paul Johnston

Hello everyone:wave:
Just thought i'd say a few words about myself.
I am from Birmingham,England.
Been woodturning,sort of seriously,now for nearly two years,so most of my interest will be to do with WT,although i do do other bits of woodwork.I also like make Rocking Horses,when required.
I have a Hegner HDB200XL,variable speed lathe,which i've owned now for nearly a year:),previous lathes were,a Record DML24,and a Perform CCBL.
Will look forward to seeing some of your turnings:)

Paul.

Hi Paul, very wellcome, nice to have another woodturner on board.
Would like it to see some turnings, anyway I wish you a nice stay in this very friendly forum.

Ad :wave:

Welcome to the Family Paul! :wave:

As well as pics of your work, some of your lathe(s) would be nice, I'm sure most of us NOT from your end of the woods are not familiar with them.

Cheers!

welcome aboard paul,, but you need to get used to doing some flat work too,, the flat folk are way out numbered here???:wave: i think some one has been lobbying for them.. so your in a good group of folks except for there affliction of turning which you could possibly cure if you did more flat work or furniture like toni does:D

Thanks for the welcome everyone:)
I will try and post a piccy or two soon:dunno:
But be warned i am relatively new to turning so don't expect anything outstanding or different.

newbie too

Hi Paul and welcome. As I have only been a member here for about a week the overwhelming hospitality extended to me still has me feeling somewhat a celebrity. Beginning to realize, however, that everyone here receives this same respectful, courteous treatment with each and every post. What a blast, ENJOY!

... everyone here receives this same respectful, courteous treatment...
Not me! They made me go through this whole "initiation" thing...it was ugly. :eek: It was bad enough that they charged me the membership fees, but I had to take out the trash and wash the windows for a year before they even let me post pictures. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not me! They made me go through this whole "initiation" thing...it was ugly. :eek: It was bad enough that they charged me the membership fees, but I had to take out the trash and wash the windows for a year before they even let me post pictures. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah but look at you now, we doubled your wages over last year, and if you keep up the good work, I 'm sure your wages will be DOUBLED again the end of this year :thumb: :D :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Paul, welcome to our Family. Pull up a chair, pour a cup of coffee, prop up your feet, and enjoy the comaradarie. And yes, we like pictures--nice to have yet another turner here.:wave::wave:

yeah they may have ran you threw the gauntlet but boy look at how you have learned and the pictures you give us now are fantastic well worth the wait:) and i am glad they have doubled your wages you surly deserve it.:D:thumb::rofl:

Here is my Photobucket site with all my Turnings and other bits and bobs on.Hope it works:huh:
Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Just hope i can improve on things wood worky:)