Offhand, it looks like a stout machine. It looks like it might not be possible (or at least easily possible) to add a riser block in the event you want more than 6" of resaw height. That would be a deal killer for me. Also, without seeing better pics of the guide bearings or blocks, it's hard to say, but you might also end up needing to replace the guides (or parts of them). Surely doable, but it'll add a bit of expense. Lastly, any idea how many horsepower the motor has. (Or better yet, what's the running amperage?)

I looked at OWWM.com and they have almost no info on this company. NOT an "Industrial" machine, it was marketed to the Vets coming home from WWII as a hobbyist machine. Not worth $300, IMHO, I also wonder about blade length, will you be able to buy them off the shelf, or have to have them made up?

I'd keep looking, or offer the guy $100 :dunno:

I don't totally disagree with Stu but I think it could worth a bit more than $100 too. Not a lot but everything depends on completeness and condition.

It is a hobbiest machine but 40's and 50's hobby machines were well built. But that ad is out in left field for sure. That is not an industrial saw, I have one and that is not one.

If you go look at it and I think it is worth a look. I would fire it up and see how it cuts. I would check the tires on the wheels. I would expect that will need replacing and crowned. I would check all the mechanisms, bearings, guides etc and just look for wear and tear. Keep in mind that bad bearings can be replaced but make good negotiating foder.

Missing parts would probably be a deal killer. I doubt you could find them easy. Except bearings and guides. It would not be my first choice but if used saws are hard to come by I wouldn't pass it up either.

not a bad saw!

I bought one about 20 years ago for 35 dollars. I did nothing to it. First, loosen the blade and spin the wheels they should run straight and spin silently. The one i have is still running like new, however, i don't use it more than once a week:wave: