Eccentric Goblet

Curt Fuller

I've been having a great time messing around with this off center/eccentric turning. I haven't quite figured out how to design anything, just turning and seeing what it ends up with. I almost cut this one off. But it's pretty fun and pretty nerve wracking. This goblet is cocobolo, 6" x 1 3/4", just waxed and buffed.

Cocoboloeccentricgoblet1.jpg

I've been having a great time messing around with this off center/eccentric turning. I haven't quite figured out how to design anything, just turning and seeing what it ends up with. I almost cut this one off. But it's pretty fun and pretty nerve wracking. This goblet is cocobolo, 6" x 1 3/4", just waxed and buffed.

Cocoboloeccentricgoblet1.jpg

Good job Curt!. I'm not into wood turning but I can see the possibilities it has!

Exccentric turning seems to me quite difficult and not as straightforward as normal turning, being able to control and get the final exccentric shape will lead to a fantastic scope on new possibilities! You have already started, so don't give up, I look forward to see your evolution.

Ooh, that's wild-looking. I really like it Curt. :clap: The stem still flows nicely IMHO, and the goblet itself is your typical perfection.

Curt, quite a challenge, for sure for the first time, but it looks great to me.
Keep em going!!
Ad :thumb:

That's beautiful work there Curt. :thumb:

That's what I get when I try to turn a simple dowel rod. :rofl:

DT

Looks easy when you see a master do it...........

jfe_3rd_axis.jpg

.... but when you try it yourself, yeah, not easy, but sure is fun!

Great goblet Curt, I'm sure they will just improve with more practice! :thumb: