Richmond Symposium

Well just left the Symposium here in Richmond. Yep about a $1000 broker but had a great time all in all. Met Ruth Niles, Barbara Gill, and Brodie Brickey. Had a great conversation with all three. I also got to meet Dave Hout of DIY fame. Great gentleman and sold me a Hold Fast Vacuum system. I told him you know we are in trouble and he told me he would explain it all to the wife in a e-mail when he got home. :rofl: I told him yea your home and she is in Kansas. He said oh you got my point.:rolleyes:;) Met and had lunch the first day with Hilel Salomon and Eli Avisera. What a treat when Bill Grumbine came sauntering by. Bill is quite a guy and a true gentleman. The second day lunch was with Larry Hasiak, Benoit Averly, Binh Pho and my son the second day. Today had a sandwich with Al Stirt and got to meet Cindy Drozda and David Nittman.

Eli said we have to excuse Stu because he doesn't get much oxygen in the dungeon. :rofl::rofl: He said not really but Stu he did say to tell you hello. He is one great guy. I must say all of them were great. It was a once in a lifetime thing to get to talk to all of them. I did get 8 demo's in during the 3 days. What a time.

Anyway headed for the beach now with the grandchildren. They let grandpa have his 3 days now it is there turn. So probably won't be on here till I get home Thursday. Granddaughter let me use her computer as she said you are so excited that you need to tell someone. Time to go and will be back on line Thursday.

Bernie, you had there a great time, reading your story.
To far away for me, and to expensive too after my Italy trip.
Hey have fun with your grandchildren.
Ad:wave:

I'm highly envious, and glad to see you had a great time, Bernie. :thumb: (Sounds like you have a pretty perceptive granddaughter, too.)

Wow Bernie when you go to town, you "GO TO TOWN" :clap: :thumb:

Sure glad you got to meet all them folks, and thanks much for saying "Hi" to Eli.

Yep, paint me green with Envy! :D

I must say the one thing that stood out with Eli is he is a very giving person and willing to answer any and all questions. He explains things in a way anyone can understand what he is trying to tell you. Yep it was a great symposium. By the way on Sunday I got to meet Richard Raffan and he is quite the gentleman. He explained several things to me on box making. Showed me a couple of ways to sharpen a scraper. He also showed a few of us his backward cut. Sure makes it look easy.

I just discovered that next year's Symposium is in Albuquerque, my old home town. I strongly suspect I'll make it to that one.

Hey Bernie, Did you know that Eli only started to learn English something like 5 or 6 years ago? He is always worried about his English, I told him his English is OK, great from an adult learning a second language, but his "Communication Skills", well they are top notch :thumb:

Sure glad you got to meet him, like you said, one heck of a nice guy and boy can he turn :D

Quite the list of people you got to meet, I really want to go, one of these years!

Cheers!

Hope you get to make one Stu. As I said got to meet a lot of FWW people to. You are right his English is great and his turnings are top notch. I have a brother in Albuquerque so maybe I can make it next year. Hope so.

Wow! Sounds like you had quite the trip! I am happy for you and also a bit green when you started listing all the folks you got to meet and spend time with! Hopefully I'll make to one of these shows - you sure paint a warm picture!

Glad you had fun and made it home safely!

Bernie,

I really envy you! I would have loved to go to that. NM is too far away but maybe when it gets closer. I have some videos with Dave Hout and he is a great teacher. Let me know how the new vacuum system works.

Congrats!

Thanks again. Pete I will give a update when I get a chance to use it. I know down there with just a pancake compressor I couldn't pull the bowl off. Yes I tried hard. It pulled 23.5".