Been there, done that - Fall Mountain Lookout

Hi there.

Can anyone tell me what on earth I need to do to see Rennie's pics?,
I've downloaded the viewer, installed it but nothing happens, I only see a black screen:soapbox:

If your comments were of dislike I wouldn't mind. But as they are so positive I also want to see them.
Tony,

I wish I could help. I don't understand what the problem is.:dunno: Stu can see them in Japan:dunno:

Hi Barry!

Our dog, Loaki, paniced the first time up the stairs and I nearly had to push him down the first time. He had never seen stairs before! By the third day he was going up and down on his own.:dunno:

:

dont ya just wish dogs could talk. I wonder what Loaki was saying to himself when he looked up and said, 30 feet of stairs!!!!!!!!!! Wait, noone asked me if I wanted to go here! Wait, wheres the elevator?:D

Rennie, I hate to break it to you but that's not Lokai, it's Bele. Lokai is white on the right!
Wikipedia strikes again! :)

And yes that is a larkspur!!

Beautiful pics, beautiful place.

Last edited:
Rennie, I hate to break it to you but that's not Lokai, it's Bele. Lokai is white on the right!
Wikipedia strikes again! :)

And yes that is a larkspur!!

Beautiful pics, beautiful place.
I knew that, but Bele seemed such a bad name for a dog. We made the concious decision to make the switch knowing that true trekkies would know and call us on it.:thumb: Besides, he is white on the right......when you look at him :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you i think?

well rennie you dun it again, can you imagine what the rangers thought when they were told that there jobs had been cut! to have a job up there watching nature in its finest and have nothing to do but watch it unfold... another great job there rennie. and you started the sprinkles again, for some of us its in our hearts and your one of them! and to toni i think the black box might be the one that comes up and then hit play. it looks like a cd player front if your familiar with that.

well rennie you dun it again, can you imagine what the rangers thought when they were told that there jobs had been cut! to have a job up there watching nature in its finest and have nothing to do but watch it unfold... another great job there rennie. and you started the sprinkles again, for some of us its in our hearts and your one of them! and to toni i think the black box might be the one that comes up and then hit play. it looks like a cd player front if your familiar with that.
Larry, it was great being up there, though I don't know if I could do it for an entire season. 14' square is not a lot of space. The men and women who served as lookouts are a more special breed than I. I'm happy you liked the pictures and that they touched you in a good way. :thumb:

Hi there.

I've downloaded the viewer, installed it but nothing happens, I only see a black screen:soapbox:

If your comments were of dislike I wouldn't mind. But as they are so positive I also want to see them.

You have to turn around and face the west. ;)
Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself. :rolleyes:

Hi there.

Seriously, did you download the Active-X thingy? I had to do that to make it work.

What a place to relax! Wonderful pictures Rennie. To bad my wife is not height friendy, something like that would, as you know, be such a great excape. Thanks for sharing.

tom

We made the concious decision to make the switch knowing that true trekkies would know and call us on it.:thumb: Besides, he is white on the right......when you look at him :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't consider myself a Trekkie. Liked the series (original) but NEVER went to a convention or got into costume!

And I KNEW you would have that comment about right when you look at him...
A fine looking beast even if he does have the wrong name! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't consider myself a Trekkie. Liked the series (original) but NEVER went to a convention or got into costume!
Same here!

And I KNEW you would have that comment about right when you look at him...
Of course!
A fine looking beast even if he does have the wrong name! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
And a smart little bugger too. Sometimes too smart!:eek::rofl:
He's been with us for about 9 years and I hope he hangs on for a good long time as we really enjoy his company.:)

Great pictures Rennie! How did you go about staying at a Forest Service lookout tower? Who normally stays there and why were they not there? Is it normally manned only certain times of the year?

Great pictures Rennie! How did you go about staying at a Forest Service lookout tower? Who normally stays there and why were they not there? Is it normally manned only certain times of the year?
Hi Brad,

There are literally hundreds of cabins and fire towers that are owned/managed by the Forest Service that are available for rental. Look here -> www.recreation.gov

They are reasonable and offer scenery and solitude you are not likely to find anywhere else.

And thanks for the compliments!!:D