Its finished

Bart Leetch

Here is that cabinet I have been building for my Dad using his shaper & planer which are now in my shop.

It is made of alder for the door frames & cabinet frame with birch for the door panels & one end of the cabinet, the box is made of satin ply shop grade plywood.

I wiped on the first coat of 1/3 each BLO, Naphtha & Polyurethane the next 3 coats are 50/50 Polyurethane & Mineral spirits.

This cabinet will go over Dad's washer & dryer.

It has been a learning process.

Attachments

• Cab.jpg
    Cab.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 106
Here is that cabinet I have been building for my Dad using his shaper & planer which are now in my shop.

It is made of alder for the door frames & cabinet frame with birch for the door panels & one end of the cabinet, the box is made of satin ply shop grade plywood.

I wiped on the first coat of 1/3 each BLO, Naphtha & Polyurethane the next 3 coats are 50/50 Polyurethane & Mineral spirits.

This cabinet will go over Dad's washer & dryer.

It has been a learning process.
It's finished..... and it looks great! Nice work Bart.:thumb:

Good use of dads tools

well bart the first one is done now you can start on rennies kitchen:D he needs some help. and it looks like you got the tools and the know how to make them:thumb:

well bart the first one is done now you can start on rennies kitchen:D he needs some help. and it looks like you got the tools and the know how to make them:thumb:
Well, I'd certainly welcome the help! God knows I need it!:rofl:

Actually, my lovely and gracious wife and I have been working up a master list of all the projects I have not yet finished or need to get started on along with a time-line for completion. (If that sounds like I need professional help in numerous areas count yourself among the more perceptive members of this group :rofl:). Truth be known, Ned has nothing on me in the procrastination area.:eek: The kitchen is going to wind up about 2 years down on the list because there are a number of projects that must be completed first.

Can I call you in 2 years?:D