get a bigger house or a smaller hobby

allen levine

My wife came home for lunch today, and couldnt get in the back door, so she came over to me and said, "I think its time we thought about a bigger home and property or you should think about a smaller hobby. Maybe build those little models you did when you were a kid, cause we are running out of space."

I dont know what she's thinking, I see at least 50 or 60 sq feet over near the fence that I could fit a few more things.

Attachments

• Tiki 325 (Medium).jpg
    Tiki 325 (Medium).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 77
My wife came home for lunch today, and couldnt get in the back door, so she came over to me and said, "I think its time we thought about a bigger home and property or you should think about a smaller hobby. Maybe build those little models you did when you were a kid, cause we are running out of space."

I dont know what she's thinking, I see at least 50 or 60 sq feet over near the fence that I could fit a few more things.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ive been meaning to paint that entrance door on the garage the same color as the garage..........been thinking about it since 1996, but now that I see it in a photo, well, maybe Ill get to it. Eh, maybe next year.

That's what I say to my wife also.

I have a ww'ing hobby, which means I have an 11x20ish shop in the basement and I would like more space.

My wife sews a fair bit, and that takes another room.

Also, we have 4 kids.

1800 sqft just doesn't seem as roomy as it was 10 yrs ago when we bought it...:huh:

Last edited:
She said it, either change your hobby or get a bigger house! Now you're onto big decisions, take your time and plan accordingly, be a little maquiavelic.

Get a house that is a little, just a little bit bigger, or a house that has the same size but looks bigger.
In any case make sure that the garage is really much bigger or that is has a barn attached to it that can be transformed into a shop in a wink.

Because if you get a bigger house with a garage of the same size you won't have improved and she would complaint about how much household work the new house has brought to her so none of you will be happy with the change.:):)

You could always go vertical. That table would hold a few chairs at least. :p And just think what you could do with some industrial shelving, like they use at the Borgs or Costco.

no more houses up north for me, Im just waiting for my kids to decide where they are going to settle down, maybe help them set up their homes, (fill their backyards with some outdoor furniture ofcourse), then Im heading down south to Florida to enjoy my retirement. I want a 2 bedroom condo near the water, and Ill rent a garage somewhere to keep up the woodworking.

toni you sly devil:) you have been learnin from the rest of us havnt you? or is the real toni startin to emerge?

You're right master, I started with your language lessons and followed with the rest:rofl::rofl:

Seriously, humor and irony is the most difficult part of a language to learn and apply.
Sometimes one might think that what he's saying sounds funny, and in reality sounds offending.

Just in case, Allen no offence was intended:)