Sometimes pics yes, sometimes no??

OK after reading Gregs post about the ZA forum and reading that I started playing around with the McAfee settings

First I have a laptop running McAfee, I try a post on the creek that I know my PC can only see 1 of the 5 pics
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=47580

There they are! all 5 pics. So I start comparing setting between laptop and PC, the PC has what is called "Privacy Service" which the laptop does not have(there is an option for a free trial that has never been activated) I add the Creek and FW to the allow list, check the post now I can see 2 of the 5 pics but not the 1 I saw at first :huh: :dunno:

Next I totally turn off Privacy Service, bam! there they are all 5 :thumb:

So why do I need McAfee Privacy Service? This is seperate from the firewall, the firewall on both machines are activated and set to "tight"

I've played around with a few settings, I still can't see the thumbnails, but I can now see a placeholder where the thumbnail is suppose to be. So all I need to do now is click the placeholder. Thats a step up from what I had.

Hmmmm...

I can only speak from what I've seen and heard from others...and don't have any first hand experience with ZA except a few times I ran it on Windows. Same with McAfee. 99.9% of my internet work is on a Mac, and I have no Anti-XX programs other than my router firewall. I've heard ZA is a very good program, but requires a bit of "tweeking" sometimes to max performance on a users machine/IPS/etc.. When that's done, most all love it.

Wish I could help more, and will post anything I come across. I do know that a many problems are cured recycling your router/modem, clearing cookies and cache from time to time.

Greg

Last edited:
Problem Solved

Sorry I didn't respond Greg...been away.
Having the same pic issues as others...I'm running eTrust EZ Firewall. Just went to the privacy tab and lowered the ad blocker level from high to medium.

It seems to have improved things. On a quick check of past posts that I couldn't see the pics...I now can get them.