I am lost....

Jeff Horton

Now that I have the kayak done and waiting only on the seat to come in I ordered. I don't know what to do with myself. I walk down the Lab and ....... nothing to do.

I guess it's time to move Wren to where ever I am going to store her. Clean up the shop and then start a new project.

dahhu

poooor baby i feel fo ryou sorta:D i know the felin as well jeff, when you have spent so my time on one thing and then have it completed you in mode that you get up walk over and pick up the sander or such and theres nothing there to sand or cut so you just find a board and cut to smell it or feel the sensation of it.. your fatal jeff but you alredy knew that:)

I work on 5 things at once, so Im never left with out anything to do.
Ofcourse Im not at your level building kayaks, but its great to always have something laying around need to be done.

Jeff, I simply cannot relate to your problem, my list of things I "WANT" to do is longer than my arm, and if you add my "Honey to do list" to that, well, I'm booked for a very very long time indeed.... :D

Stu, there are several things to be done. Just don't have what I need to work on any of them at the moment. Like I want to finish the restoration on the Bandsaw. But I need some parts. The TV stand, Cherry is still in the neighbors barn. MIL has asked for two end tables. No wood for them either, It's at their house.

But I did decide last night that the first project is finding a place to store the Kayak. Probably going to put it on rope and pulled from the ceiling. Then a day of cleaning! The shop is a wreck!

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff....

Now that you've got the knack of it, why not a two places kayak? It shouldn't need to be much longer than this one, most probalbly is just a matter of making another hole on it.

Or if you had enough of that, as you said you could:

Clean up the shop
Sort out scraps
Sharpen tools
Restore the bandsaw
Sharpen tools
Clean up the shop
etc. etc.

It's the usual "fish or cut bait" question:D

Last edited:
Jeff,

Sorry, I've been too crude with you my friend, I apologize.

I think that the best thing you could do, is take a beer or your favourite drink and sit in front of the wren and enjoy admiring it.

Stand up, walk around it, caressing its surface with your hands, get the feel of it, remember each cut, each measure, how difficult it seemed and how easy looks now. Remember each misshap ( not many I'm sure) and how you fixed it, each splinter that got into your skin... you are bloodbrothers now.

Have a sip, and while you notice the drink pass through your throat, watch at the reflection of the sunset on the deck. Tap it lightly with your hands and tell to it and to yourself: "Now is when adventure begins"

Plan a day off, rowing on a lake, getting acquainted with each other. Letting it know who you are, and letting it to tell you what personality it has, you may have made it, but it has its own personality and you need to know it.

Walk around it again, passing your hand over it at the same time, admiring its lines, its joints... feel it... and overall be proud.

If this sound weard to you, please disregard, after all this comes from a fellow (me) that talks to his tools while is working.

Well said Toni :thumb:

I think admiring something you or another craftsman/artist (let's not start that debate again here;)) makes is very important...when it is worthy of admoration. Clearly the Wren is such a creation. I might even have 2 beers looking at pictures of it tonight. Now if I could only make something worthy of admiration.

Jeff, I think there was a thread a few weeks ago about going to the shop and not having the "drive" to start or finish something. After a long project like the Wren, your idea of cleaning and a possible rearrange seams natural to me....good luck.

Toni, that requires thought. I am to tired to think. Work is good right now and I just want to paddle, thats pretty brainless. But I can't find the time.

When I have the time I am too tired from all the Inspections. At least tomorrow is an easy 'Office' day. My cell phone (piece of junk) just died so it going to be real quite too. :eek:

Got to find me a good Smart Phone now. Joy O' joy!

Ok. Take it easy Jeff, have a well deserved rest, switch off that darn phone ( the new one) go and enjoy paddling and come back full of energy and new ideas:thumb:

...Got to find me a good Smart Phone now. Joy O' joy!
So far, I've been pretty happy with my new BlackBerry Pearl 8110. Nice compact size, good phone reception, and a boatload of bells and whistles. (Like GPS traffic alerts, which can be handy in LA.) I don't use if for scheduling though, so I don't know how well that aspect works. I'm also still trying to find a way to edit (and expand) my contact list from my computer without simply downloading my Outlook contacts. (My phone contacts are completely different than my e-mail contacts, and I don't want to merge the two.)

So far, I've been pretty happy with my new BlackBerry Pearl 8110. contacts. (My phone contacts are completely different than my e-mail contacts, and I don't want to merge the two.)

Boy i wouldnt either vaughn i know i have gotten a email from you so you surly wouldnt want me on your phone list huh:) and i am sure there are others in the same wren:) go paddling jeff like toni said, cant you just smell the freshness and hear the water as it flows past you and the drips of it from taking the next stroke. the sleeknes of it floatin across the surface barely making a wake, and as you round the next bend you see one of those ivory billed wood peckers dart across your path or maybe that was a pilated instead but you seen it just the same.

Looking at the BlackJack II. Price is right and per one of our members will do what I want. Outlook contacts are not exactly what I want but it has some advantages for me too. I split my contact between two folders. Will see how this works out. I expect it will not reconize the second folder. Maye it will not bring them all in or at least gives me a quick list option for home, wife, etc.

Main thing for me is the calendar. I can book jobs sitting on a roof if needed. :) And I have done that several times. Unless it is really hot I just sit down and don't bother to tell them where I am. I would love to be able to just add it to my calendar right then. I think I am going to sign up for internet service too. I don't have a lot of need for it, but I can see where it could be useful too.

BTW Jeff, every time I see the title of this tread, I'm tempted to post this link:

http://maps.google.com/

:rofl:

BTW, the BlackBerry does seem to have a good Calender application. I also sprung for the Internet access. I don't use it a lot, but when I do, it's real handy. You can even catch up on FW when you're away from a computer. ;)