sorry for my absence

Take your time. No rush. We'll all be here. As Vaughn said; that place beats more than one place I've lived; especially when I was going through the fiasco you're stuck in for the moment. It passes, I guess that's the only thing experience taught me on that one.

Hey Tod after 4 1/2 LONG years and over $200,000 later in attorney's fees, forensic accountants, minors council and psychologists my attorney called me today and read the decision from our Judge that I was able to keep my 50% custody of my 3 boys. :D Like I said it took 4 1/2 years to accomplish this. Hopefully this month the whole thing will be done.

Doug

To put things in perspective size wise, when I first came to Japan, I lived in a place that was a "Yojo-han" which means 4 1/2 mats, tatami mats. A tatami mat is/was (they have new sizes now) 91cm x 182 cm or 17.8 square feet, so the whole apartment was right about 80 square feet, yep about 9' x 9' square.

There was a tiny spot by the door way, that had a sink in it, the sink was about 12" square, and there was a spot for a hot plate beside the sink, that was my kitchen, the toilet was down the hall, and the bath was the public bath, down the street, all for the low price of about $180 a month. At the time it was great, it was cheap, and really close to the Dojo,where I was training Aikido, 6:30 AM classes, it is important to be close to the training area :D

Tod you place is looking great, I'm sure you will get more of it knocked out when you have time, at least this way, your commute is nice and short, and with the price of gas, that is no small thing.

Thanks for keeping us updated, we are all pulling for you :thumb:

Stu

Tod,
A few thoughts/observations. First, I'm really saddened that you are going through such a hard time. Second, it looks like you have taken a positive and constructive approach to the situation (literally:)). Third, your apartment is shaping up to be a nice place for you to live - and more important, it is proof positive that you will go through major hardships to make sure your child has a good clean home. It shows not only your resourcefulness, willingness, but also your fiscal responsibility. All things that are easy to say, but much harder to demonstrate to a court.
I'll get off my sop box:eek:, but I thought you should know that you have shown us more character in the last few months than most men do in a lifetime. Keep your head held high, you've earned it. Just MHO.

Wes

been installing some shop-made trim, combo of oak-n-ash with minwax red mahogany stain. more to go but i`m gainin`.....:eek:
MVC-744S.JPG

MVC-745S.JPG

MVC-746S.JPG

Dang tod, you EVER gonna get that finished? And it's looking almost as messy as your shop!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, looking REAL good! You sure have been busting butt since I left there! You're almost done...well, almost done with the initial phases! :rolleyes:

See ya tomorrow!
- Marty -

still chuggin` along........got a bit of furniture.thanks again to marty-n-denise, they loaded my little station wagon for the return trip from iwf atlanta.....lawyer`s workin` on the other stuff:eek:.........thanks again for all your support!

MVC-837S.JPG

MVC-835S.JPG

MVC-838S.JPG

MVC-830S.JPG

MVC-833S.JPG

MVC-836S.JPG

MVC-839S.JPG

Tod, it is very impressive. It looks like you have put some effort to making it a "home".

Is that a compound bow hanging in the living room?

Tod, it is very impressive. It looks like you have put some effort to making it a "home".

Is that a compound bow hanging in the living room?

i went back and looked thought i missed something you been drikun to much new castle bill theyre aint no bow in the livin room its dresser and mirror set..:rofl: lookin gooo tod that sink cleaned up right purty from when i saw it last:rofl:

i went back and looked thought i missed something you been drikun to much new castle bill theyre aint no bow in the livin room its dresser and mirror set..:rofl: lookin gooo tod that sink cleaned up right purty from when i saw it last:rofl:

You're right Larry. I was looking at the living room from kitchen. I guess I better switch to soda. Still, Tod did a great job.:thumb:

Gee, I'm still trying to catch up from when my (new to me) 'puter was being built, and I just now found this thread. Sorry to hear about the "Troubles" Tod, but your NEW place is lookin' Real Good.:thumb: Hang in there Bud.