Sweet Mother of Pearl...I did it...

Yeah it took me a whole year of heavy carpentry, a bit of logging, plenty of snowmobiling and lots of sheep planning, but I finally did it. I entered my shop and started a new woodworking project. Not one for the house addition, and not a project that Alyson needed, but an honest to goodness, completely useless custom wooden model.

Now you guys know how much I like making those. I did not get very far granted, but over the last two days I just toiled in my shop like the good old days. Cutting tiny pieces of wood into all kinds of strange configurations. Oh the smell of freshly sawn wood, listening to the bandsaw whine, having glue all over my fingers, arms and pants...yep sure felt good.

Now I have wanted to make a model of this machine for a long time. After Al gave Alyson her first ride on a tractor, I figure it was the perfect excuse to make a wooden model of his machine. I posted this picture in the Off Topic section the other day, but for those of you that missed it, this is Alyson on her first tractor ride, and a picture of the machine I am going to make a custom wooden model of.

Big_Chopper-small.JPG

Yeah its tough finding the time, and even when I am in my shop I keep going knowing I might not be able to get back for awhile. Still that is no way to work. When you are tired or uninspired, the work does not come out as good. Still I got a lot more done then I expected. Maybe this week I can run out and grab a picture.

Next weekend is a 4 day weekend...maybe just maybe it will rain and I can get back in there. If not then its chopping haylage, cutting wood or any number of things that take up time outside of the shop.