Hi from Canada

Rob Keeble

Well I thought it long over due that I take time out to introduce myself. I am a hobbiest woodworker living in Ontario, Canada .

This is the first forum that I have ever joined and boy I find it difficult to contibute when I see how pro you guys are.

I come from South Africa originally, came to Canada originally for a business of mine and decided to stay.

After all the brainwashing of my youth I always wanted to be a Cowboy. Wish I lived in the foothills of the rockies. Hence my hero John Wayne.

I am currently building a new shop in my backyard (postage stamp size). Have been woodworking in the basement but suspended work due to dust until I can move into the new shop.

I have quiet a history far too much to post here so to prevent boring everyone I will call it a day.

Oh I am married and SWMBO really supports my woodworking. When you see pics of my shop you will understand how much. Have two sons but cannot get them to bite.
They should never have taken shop out of the school. I did shop as its called in North America for 5 years at high school. We called it Industrial Arts and learnt drawing, woodworking and metalworking. Best subject I ever had.

Look forward to interacting with you guys on this forum (that is when I feel compitent to.) Great forum and to those who post their pics they have helped me tremendously and I appreciate every single one and the effort it takes. Thanks.

Regards

Rob Keeble

Last edited:
Hi

Glad you joined in. Look forward to seeing some pictures and hearing about some of that history you mentioned. Even though a newcomer her myself, seems to me it is the the quality of people here that make the difference and the quality of their work a nice bonus. Welcome!

Hi Rob, wellcome on board. Nice bunch of people here.
We also like it to see some work of you, if possible.
Ad :wave:

Welcome to the family Rob.
Remember, we love pics! "no pics, didn't happen".

And as far as competence is concerned do not worry, we all learn from each other here.

Even the simplest project can be the source of a fantastic thread!

Welcome to the Family Rob! :wave:

We have all skill levels here, and while some might be darn good at somethings, no one is an expert at everything, so please share what you are doing, and some of your work, we will all enjoy seeing it.

Cheers!

PS congrats on the workshop! :thumb:

Welcome aboard, Rob. Don't ever hesitate to show your work, ask questions, or answer questions for others. Like Stu said, we've got all skill levels and a wide variety of expertise. For example, you're an expert in dealing with basement workshops, and I've not even been inside one. So see, you're already ahead of some people here. We're all here just to share and have fun. :wave:

Thanks all

Wow this really is like a family. Thanks for the big welcome. Good to see the members really care. I will post some pics soon.
I hope someday to be able to meet some of you guys when I go travelling around. The real power of this internet to me is the fact that it brings people of like mind and interest together in this crazy world.

During my younger years I have always felt I was "crazy" and out of step with my piers being interested in a host of hobbies that were not ultra sports orientated. It was very difficult feeling sane when all everyone around you can talk about is the lastest sports updates.

With the web this has all changed. As much as a techie as I am I still find myself amazed at what this medium has done for my sanity.

The world sure is becoming a small place.