Let's help out tod - Sharpening items

Marty Walsh

This is one of several threads where I'll be trying to assist tod in liquidating his remaining retail inventory of tools and supplies. Please note that ALL PROCEEDS will go DIRECTLY to tod to help him finish and furnish his new living quarters.

Here are a few groundrules for this and the other sales:

1) Purchaser is responsible for ACTUAL postage/shipping costs. I will attempt to accomodate all purchasers by using their preferred shipping method...although USPS will probably be the least expensive. (Of course, anyone close enough is welcome to come by my shop to pick up pruchased items :rolleyes:)

2) All prices listed are for check or money order. Anyone interested in using PayPal, please add 3% to the price shown so tod doesn't get penalized.

3) Items in this, and other sales, have been 'kitted' (grouped together) in an attempt to help everyone enjoy a good bargain, and not have that bargain eaten up by shipping costs. If anyone is interested in breaking apart a kit, please point that out in a post in the apporpriate thread and we'll see if it makes sense to you and tod.

4) All items being sold are BRAND NEW, never used, still in original packaging. They came directly off the walls of tod's retail space in his shop.

5) Folks interested in any particular item PLEASE POST TO THIS THREAD indicating the item(s) you're interested in. PM's to me or tod WILL NOT qualify as offers to purchase any item. All sales are FIRST POST, FIRST SERVED.​

Sorry for the rules, but there's a lot here for me to deal with and I'm hoping the rules make it a little simpler.

Now on to

SHARPENING ITEMS FOR SALE:

SOLD1) Robert Larson Sharpening setup, consisting of:
DSCN9045.jpg
a) Honing kit - Hard and Soft Arkansas Stone, Honing Oil and 23 degree sharpening guide
b) Medium Arkansas Stone in wooden box with 23 degree sharpening guide
c) Solid Brass Bevel Measuring Guage
d) Chisel/Plane Honing Guide​
SOLDPrice: $55.00

SOLD2) Same as '1)' but without the Chisel/Plane Guide
DSCN9046.jpg
SOLDPrice: $50

SOLD3) Set of three Japanese Wet Stones, 800, 1200, 6000 grit
DSCN9047.jpg

SOLD4) Same as '3)'

Last edited:
Got my Japanese Wet Stones in today... very nice.
Big thanks to Tod and Marty.
(yea I resharpened all my plane blades. I only have 4 but they are sharper now, I still need to buy a honing guide to make it easier though.)
Ted

3) Set of three Japanese Wet Stones, 800, 1200, 6000 grit
View attachment 21863
Price: $50

Marty,
I'll take a set of the Japanese Wet Stones to 77445 with Paypal +3%, please.
Let me know the total and where to Paypal the funds.

Thanks,
Ted

1) Robert Larson Sharpening setup, consisting of:

a) Honing kit - Hard and Soft Arkansas Stone, Honing Oil and 23 degree sharpening guide
d) Chisel/Plane Honing Guide
Price: $55.00

Marty,
I'll take these,postage is cheeper than gas so usps is fine.Let me know how much total and address and I'll send you a check.

1) Robert Larson Sharpening setup, consisting of:

d) Chisel/Plane Honing Guide
Price: $55.00

Marty,
I'll take these,postage is cheeper than gas so usps is fine.Let me know how much total and address and I'll send you a check.

Hiya Dave,

Long time no speak...hope all is well 'way up north' :rolleyes:

I'll send you a PM with details.

Thanks in advance...
- Marty -

Hi Marty,
I got your pm and responded.I'll be in south ga soon and I hope to be able to drop in for a short visit.
Everything is great here.
Glad to help,
Dave