Small barn....Ned's type

Steve Ash

Okay, just poking a little fun at brother Ned....:rofl:

Actually while I was building this barn I was thinking about Ned's shop, and wishing I could speed him along....maybe with inspiration?:dunno:

I built this barn for a repeat customer whom I built his house back in 2004. They are great to work for and a real joy as a customer.:thumb:

Anyway they wanted a barn to put their small compact tractor in, and had some plans for it. I didn't care for the roof design in the plans so I altered it to accomodate a upstairs with headroom and a floor. A set of pull down steps gives access to a 12 x 16 room with 5-8" of headroom upstairs. The downstairs height is 8' and has room for a 9x7 overhead. Site built trusses and 42 hours of labor gives them a barn ready for painting. Sorry I couldn't get a picture without the garden fencing, but it was not a option.

P1010281.jpg

And while I was snapping pictures, I thought I might as well include a shot of the house I built them. They like to do woodworking and part of the back of their garage is a dedicated woodworking shop, the area with the service door and two window to the left of the picture. If I remember correctly their shop measures 26 x 24 and has radiant gas heat.

P1010284.jpg

42 hours? You guys musta been taking long lunch breaks. Talk about milking a job. :rolleyes:

Kidding, of course. You do nice work. That garage/shop in the second picture looks like a great space for a lot of things. I could stand to have something like that in my yard.

I know you are kidding....maybe....:rofl:

The 42 hours breaks down into 18 for my employee and 24 for myself....he has to run for coffee and donuts:rofl:
Steve, very nice job there brother. 42 hours huh? you sure you didn't miss an hour or two?

42 hours? You guys musta been taking long lunch breaks. Talk about milking a job. :rolleyes:

Kidding, of course. You do nice work. That garage/shop in the second picture looks like a great space for a lot of things. I could stand to have something like that in my yard.

Vaughn don't forget he did say My style of shop... so it had to take a Little bit longer than you'd think, right?