Universal woodturning truths

Thanks Pete for the advise. I really don't know anyone that turns well enough to start with basics with me so I'll get the book and see what I can figure out on my own. I know I can get LOTS of help here with the family.

UPDATE:

Found it on Half.com for $11.00 new and have it coming!! Thanks again!

Last edited:
A very interesting read. The book mentioned, Keith Rowley's, "Woodturning: A Foundation Course", Is this really that good of a book for the beginner to buy?

Royall, my parents got this book for me when I first started. It sits next to the bed now. Everytime I go to bed frustrated with something I couldn't do on the lathe, I thumb through it. I always sleep well after because I've just read how to do what I couldn't do. Great book to reference!

Royall, my parents got this book for me when I first started. It sits next to the bed now. Everytime I go to bed frustrated with something I couldn't do on the lathe, I thumb through it. I always sleep well after because I've just read how to do what I couldn't do. Great book to reference!

So it was your dads fault:eek: i thought that our parents were supposed to proteck us from the eviuls of this world:rofl:

So it was your dads fault:eek: i thought that our parents were supposed to proteck us from the eviuls of this world:rofl:

They bought me the book and my dad helped set up my lathe which my grandpa made. My dad didn't have a lathe until he played on mine (his dad's) and built one of his own, then bought one and the rest is history. So really it was my grandpa's fault! :D

PS, thanks grandpa!:wave: