What to do , It's Friday !

Never a shortage of things to do ;-) I could stop adding to my to-do list today and have things to do till I drop dead.

Today I'm helping spit roast a goat at the institute for our fall cookout. Another team member is doing a pig on the LaCaga China, then the chefs are cooking leg of lamb, buffalo, red fish, and mussels. Can't stay to long for the cook out as we've already got a holiday part to attend tonight. Tomorrow I've got a ceiling to remove from a downstairs bathroom and start on the main water line replacement for the house and probably some relocation of taps/drain for the washer. Hoping to get some cnc time in this weekend. Need to carve out some TS inserts for me and a co-worker.

Playing the role of a single father for my daughter and my niece tonight while the moms go see Jackson Brown play some tunes. Tomorrow and Sunday will be lots of shop time as I have my first holiday show next Friday and Saturday...sharing a booth with my dad. Finishing up some bowls, ornaments, cutting boards, cheese knives and bottle stoppers...as well as figure out how to display it all at the show. Will take time to watch the Packers v Panthers game Sunday....hope we look better than last weekend!

After a lazy morning, LOML and I had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. Got some yard work this afternoon sweeping up pine straw to put in planting areas.

Saturday will be some shop time doing some wine glass holders.

Sunday: the usual.

My morning...
508f1b4e4eb150863bd07376c59d8b22.jpg
2bd61902561b0000a115f5b59f3eaebb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well, I am just returning from NY so I am a bit burnt.

I have a line up on a sign for a Chinese Restaurant, so I will be looking into that.

I still have a bit more to finish on the swap project. I hope to have that finished by Monday.

completely unmotivated this morning out in the garage, shuffling some scraps and lining up strips for some cutting boards, then I walked outside, sun shining, 70 something degrees, Im with Dave, I went in and changed and took the convertible out for a ride to the beach/boardwalk. beautiful out there.

Attachments

• beach 002.jpg
    beach 002.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 21
Hate it but the wife started a fall to do list. Now I have to get busy on winterizing. Insulation sealing joints, raking, and just puttzing. Have to stay busy to make payroll
David

did the heavy lift shopping today. went to olive garden for a late lunch. showed pop :whistling: how to use the pin nailer after setting the compressor for him (he's an all or nothing kind of guy, and pin nails don't need 100 psi). tomorrow, work up some replacement upper backs for the dining area chairs (didn't like the way the first set engraving turned out. they were done before i found out why it was deepening). getting the hair cut (good for another 3-4 months), and whatever the wife :blah: comes up with.

Spent some time today checking out estate sales with LOML, then did some shrub trimming in the front yard. No gig tonight, but I'm going to spend some quality time trying out the new pickups I just put in one of my guitars. (The DiMarzio Gravity Storm set.)

We had our first hard freeze this week, so Saturday I'm going to pull the tomato plants and do a bunch of other yard, garden, shrub, and tree cleanup. (Need to wait until later in the winter to prune the fruit trees, though.) Saturday night I'm going to check out a new venue in town to see a friend's band and look into the potential of getting our band booked there sometime in the future.

Sunday will likely be the usual combination of laziness and doing things I hadn't planned on doing. :D

Well we went to our new house that night, measured up a bunch of things and went off to Lowes and home depot. Got my work cut out for quiet a while to clean up this house asap. Its going to be a great home .....once we cleaned it up, painted it, put it in a bathroom fan, and on and on. Got some vinyl 3'x 1' strip tiles on real deal at HD closeout of discontinued line so we now redoing the kitchen and bathroom floors.
I know we ain't here for long but we have our standards and limits of what we will live with. Also picked up new smoke detectors pretty sure the units in the place are so old they won't detect smoke any more.
We still got to buy paint but we will take care of that tomorrow as a break from cleaning.
We not shy of hard work will be worth it when we done.

Darren I am not sure about goat. Its about the only meat I find very rough in taste. Some say lamb is wild but I think goat is even more wild.

That pig is going to be unreal. Sounds like you guys are having a real feast. Great party hope you get to enjoy a bit before u gotta leave.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Darren I am not sure about goat. Its about the only meat I find very rough in taste. Some say lamb is wild but I think goat is even more wild.

That pig is going to be unreal. Sounds like you guys are having a real feast. Great party hope you get to enjoy a bit before u gotta leave.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Unfortunately our cafe vendor under estimated how much some of our foreign students/researchers miss the food from their homes. Kinda like us steak eaters going to their country for months at a time and not having steak on the menu. They only got us a 31# goat, and the line was one of the longest stations and it didn't last. The lambs and pig were excellent also, but the bison was a bit overcooked for my tastes. Didn't get a chance to try the rest as we had another event to run to tonight. Overall it was a hit though.

Not a fun weekend here. Digging through tons of medical bills. They bill Medicare. They bill my supplement and they bill me. All for the same thing. I think they are planning on hitting the trifecta! Don't hold yer breath!

Gonna be a while before the dust settles around all this.

Laundry awaits. Grocery shopping and a sermon for Sunday. Nap time Sunday afternoon! I will have earned it.

Today was again busy with medical appointments. Got my Trekki boot. Weighs a bunch. Like dragging a boat anchor around with me and my muscle tone sucks at the moment. Dietitian has me holding off on formal exercise for two weeks. Have to get my gastrointestinal track operating somewhere normally, as things are very unsettled there and undue effort causes undue results. You have the picture. Those darn antibiotics these days pack quite a punch but at a cost. Slowly things are returning to normal, whatever that is! Various other systems are slowly settling in with new medications and their temporary (yeah, right) effects.

Shot a 7 point buck last night. It gets dark so fast, Tess was working so Eric and Audrey came over and Lou got to watch Audrey while Eric and I recovered and gutted my deer. I have a bunch of wood to split today so took my first deer over to a butcher. Nothing big, but will be delicious.

Oh, got my swap project completed so will contact Toni on what to do.

I was wrong last weekend, this Sunday is Audrey's birthday party so all the kids are coming and we are going to her party.

School referendum did not pass so it will be trying times here in the next few months learning what it is the board is going to do.

Not a fun weekend here. Digging through tons of medical bills. They bill Medicare. They bill my supplement and they bill me. All for the same thing. I think they are planning on hitting the trifecta! Don't hold yer breath!

Carol,
After Dianne got home from all her medical problems, we spent about 6 months getting all the billing straightened out... between her blood infection, then the stroke and finally open heart surgery, we had quite a stack of bills... most were covered by medicare or insurance, but some double and triple billing in there. Then some of the bills that we paid weren't credited to our account and we got a call from collection on a couple... had to dig through and find the payments to prove paid.

We're still dealing with an ambulance service that transported her from the hospital to the nursing center ... they bill us 2.5 times what the service billed us from the house to the hospital (different services).. don't know what they billed medicare. We paid on it until they stopped sending us statements, so we stopped payments... we have a little more to pay off now that we're getting statements again.