Weekend Projects

Jeb Taylor

I had a productive weekend after Larry left. My wife has been wanting to make some salt and pepper boxes for her friends like I made her. So I played with a miter lock bit for the first time. I definitely didn't think about the need for 90 degree work holding, will need a better jig to run short pieces with in the future. They teeter a little, but some sanding will fix that. My wife wanted to make them, so we settled on I did the cutting, she is sanding/gluing/finishing them.

IMG_0003_1.jpg

So after cutting her parts out and making some crooked but ok miter lock joints, I started back finishing my workshop cabinets I started over christmas. I got the top row of drawer fronts finished and cut the recess to mount some lee valley maple drawer pulls:

IMG_0001_1.jpg

I started gluing up some of the middle rows of drawers (no such thing as to many clamps)

IMG_0002_1.jpg'

And unfortunately, the last board I had purchased just didn't look like it would fit in with the rest of the maple. Most of it had a little figure scattered through, but it wasn't consistant enough that I would have wanted it for anything nice. Then I ran into this oddball board that just doesn't look right with the rest of the maple:

IMG_0004.jpg

Guess I'll just have to throw it in the burn pile and go buy another one :p

Real shame about that piece of maple with all the crooked grain. :rolleyes: :p

Looks like your weekend has been more productive than mine. I roughed out a couple wet bowls last night, then proceeded to blow up a nice little dry natural edge bowl. (I'm blaming it on the supermoon.) :D

Real shame about that piece of maple with all the crooked grain. :rolleyes: :p

Looks like your weekend has been more productive than mine. I roughed out a couple wet bowls last night, then proceeded to blow up a nice little dry natural edge bowl. (I'm blaming it on the supermoon.) :D

I hate it when gravity pulls my bowls everywhere...you both had more productive weekends than I did :(:eek::(

Steve Larry said to me when he was out here that he was surprised I did not hunt as much as he thought I did. I had work to get done so I put him to work. Larry is willing and ready to work but he will not let you know that.:rofl: You sort of have to put something in his hand and say go to it !:thumb: