Hi from Los Angeles

Just wanted to say hi.

I just joined the forum. My name is Jesper and I live in Los Angeles area.
I started getting interested in woodworking about a year ago and have collected a few tools, but havent really build anything yet and it will be a while before I can get back into the garage since we just had a daughter 2 month ago :D

But, I still read some train forums (a big model train fan) and a couple of wood working forums almost daily, just to get my daily fix..

Jesper

Ah, another member from the land of no weather. Its November, right? It must be, it was a chilly 72* today. Welcome aboard.

SoCal in da house. :D Welcome aboard, Jesper. :wave: I'm up on the edge of town in Tujunga. We've got other members scattered around the LA area, too. Always room for another.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in Simi Valley. I have a 2 1/2 car garage (it is called a 3 car, but no way you can fit 3 cars in there) where I have the 1 stall, approx 16x11' for my workshop. So far I have a tablesaw, router with table, miter saw and a dust collector plus the basic hand tools, not much yet, but I will get the tools as I need them.

After I bought my table saw and dust collector (and had 220V installed) I had to promise my wife that I would build somehting before buying any more tools, so ... hmmm

Jesper

Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in Simi Valley. I have a 2 1/2 car garage (it is called a 3 car, but no way you can fit 3 cars in there) where I have the 1 stall, approx 16x11' for my workshop. So far I have a tablesaw, router with table, miter saw and a dust collector plus the basic hand tools, not much yet, but I will get the tools as I need them.

After I bought my table saw and dust collector (and had 220V installed) I had to promise my wife that I would build somehting before buying any more tools, so ... hmmm

Jesper

You have plenty tools to get out of trouble with the wife. :p Cutting boards, trinket (or jewelry) boxes, bookcases, beds, tables...the list is almost endless. And we're all here to help if you get stumped on anything.

I'm going to be a bit east of you in Northridge the last weekend of November and the first weekend of December. I'll be selling some turned things at a Holiday Market in an empty Linens and Things building across from the Northridge Mall. If you're in the area either weekend, it'd be great to meet you. I'll post more specific details about the location a few days prior.

Thank you all

>>We do have the picture police and remember no pix it didn't happen
I just snapped a copuple of picture of what eventually will be my 'shop'.

There is not much to show yet. I got my saw 3 month ago, I knew I had to get it before the baby arrived, else the money would just be spend on something other than a saw :)
The last thing I started on is the miter saw stand, I started on that a couple of weekends ago, but with only an hour or two per weekend, the progress is sloooow. Hopefully I can get some more work done on it this weekend.

The picture istake from where my wifes car is parked. I have tried to 'negotiate' the space and suggest her to park outside, but somehow that didnt fly.

hmm, how can I have the picture show in regular size instead of thumbnails?

Jesper

Attachments

• IMG_3124.JPG
    IMG_3124.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3125.JPG
    IMG_3125.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3126.JPG
    IMG_3126.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 18