Grizzy baby sander

The overwhelming portion of my drum sanding is narrow boards, even though I sold my Performax/Jet 16/32 and got a 38 inch sander. In terms of capacity it looks like a useful machine.

However, a lesson learned... The Performax had a tight sandpaper on a hard drum with a thin sandpaper feed belt. I could sand to precise thickness. My larger sander has velcro sandpaper and a rubber feed belt, so I can run a board through three times without changing the settings, and still be removing substantial material on the third pass. The softer mechanism on the big sander interferes with the precision of the thickness. The Grizzly has the soft industrial type feed belt.

A mere 1.5 hp motor is not a lot for a sander. I have a 5 hp motor on mine.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Dennis. You have become one of us! We do get silly sometimes. And we only do that with family members, so there you are. You are now one of us. Welcome aboard!

It would appear no one here has first hand experience with that sander. Tell us more about what you are looking for and what your intended use will be, and perhaps we can get back on task.

Congratulations. Dennis. You have become one of us! We do get silly sometimes. And we only do that with family members, so there you are. You are now one of us. Welcome aboard!

It would appear no one here has first hand experience with that sander. Tell us more about what you are looking for and what your intended use will be, and perhaps we can get back on task.

I see what you did there Carol. :whistling: