For my ladies

I made these three boxes for my Mum, Wife and Daughter.
The boxes are made of mahogany.
For the finishing, I followed an article about finishing mahogany.
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...f.aspx?id=2855
Best Regards

Hi Alfredo :wave:,
Very lovely boxes. They would be prized by anyone who recieved them, but your recipients are the most valuable ladies in the world! :thumb:

Now, about the secrets:eek::D! How did you do your legs and how did you attach them? :huh:
Also, your red inserts (the dividers) are very professional. Tell us about them. You have secrets you must share.:D Thanks for the pictures!
Shaz :)

I am curious about how you did the lining inside the compartments? I noticed around the outside of the box it looks to be a 3/8" of something wrapped in velvet. Do you use a flocker or the self adhesive velvet.

I have been using the self adhesive velvet from Rockler and am thinking of switching to the flocker. I am worried about the flocker material coming off over the years.

Anyone used the flocker on a project? How is it holding up?

Scott, I used the flocking material on the inside of a pool cue case a couple years ago, and it's held up very well. I'm in a pool league, so I use the case (and the sticks in it) every week. Also, the flocking should be pretty easy to repair if some does wear off. Just brush on some more glue, and dust it again with the flocking material.