cold today

Frank Fusco

It is about 28 degrees here today but feels like only 8. Bone chillin' fer certain, fer sure.
We are lucky, south of us they are getting snow, further south in Texas all the way across to Alabama folks could be in trouble with ice storms. Hope it isn't too severe.

12° here this morning. Not really too bad, actually. Humidity was 48%, and there was hardly any wind.

It's up to 21° now. Supposed to make it down into single digits tonight...

Pretty cold down here too (remember cold is relative to location, I'm not trying to be funny) .......... 48 right now.

A few years ago we left Icy 4 degree Cincinnati Airport an arrived in Sunny Hawaii, next morning on the TV, the weather crew was standing in coat & gloves remarking about the cold snap, 50 degrees that morning...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was sweating as I drank Kona Coffee on the Lenai....

its 27 degrees here today, alot of wind that knocks it down to feel like 16.
I turned on some oldies music, glued up the remaining cutting board panel for my current headboard project, and managed to pick all the white oak and made primary cuts to size so I can start gluing up posts tomorrow.
I worked until I didnt feel my fingers anymore.
My wife ordered me a small infrared heater yesterday, but within 8 weeks the temps wont be a factor anymore.
I discussed just this morning with my wife if I go into remission, Im getting a place in Florida for the winters and setting up a small shop, with some used equipment so I can keep busy. shell have to visit me when she can.

it was -9 when i left work this morning, and now it's only about 17. come on over to minnesota, we'll show you some cold, just remember to pack some extra skirts...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A few years ago we left Icy 4 degree Cincinnati Airport an arrived in Sunny Hawaii, next morning on the TV, the weather crew was standing in coat & gloves remarking about the cold snap, 50 degrees that morning...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was sweating as I drank Kona Coffee on the Lenai....

I was in Chicago on business many years ago, first week of February. We were in the hotel restaurant having breakfast when the waitress commented that she was glad it finally warmed up. Without thinking I blurted out "are you crazy woman! It's 12 degrees out there!!" Luckily she had a great sense of humor and laughed it off. :eek::eek:

I was in Chicago on business many years ago, first week of February. We were in the hotel restaurant having breakfast when the waitress commented that she was glad it finally warmed up. Without thinking I blurted out "are you crazy woman! It's 12 degrees out there!!" Luckily she had a great sense of humor and laughed it off. :eek::eek:

You are only reminding me of why I gave up being a Chicago boy in 1970. I hated the winters from the day I could feel hate.

Here's some of that snow from south of you today - view from my front porch. Still coming down too. This is rare for us.

Snow.jpg

That snow that they have down in Texas has arrived in Chattanooga and headed my way... it was in low to mid 20's here today... 20 in the shop when I went out to get an extension cord for my son to hook up in his truck... we're supposed to get ice and snow later tonight and through tomorrow.

Too cold in the shop for me today. I'm perfectly happy to sit by the fireplace and watch football games. I'm about 6 miles west of Arkadelphia where we've gotten about 6" of snow so far today. It may not seem like much to many of you, but to someone who lived nearly all his life in southern California......I'm staying inside.

I grew up in Western New York, right on Lake Erie. I know what snow and cold are. That's why I live in Hawaii now. But, 50 degrees here is pretty cold. I wore a jacket yesterday for the first time in a long while. :rolleyes:

I also served boot camp @ Great Lakes and know what Chicago winters are like. :eek:

Glad you enjoyed your Kona coffee on your lanai Bill. Do come back again. :wave:

Aloha, Tony

Here's some of that snow from south of you today - view from my front porch. Still coming down too. This is rare for us.

Snow.jpg
Looks sorta like where I grew up in Canada!

Welcome to the Family Harry! :wave:

It is a cold 4C/39F here in Tokyo today..... and yeah, I know that is not "COLD" but for the people living here it is. You have to remember, even a lot of the new homes are NOT built with any insulation in the walls or the roofs, so it is often as cold inside as outside, and central heating is almost unknown.
One year we went back to Canada right after Christmas and the New Year, we arrived in Kelowna, my hometown and it was -27C/-17F boy when stepped off that plane and walked down to the terminal OUTSIDE, my lovely wife found out what "COLD" was all about :D

Stay warm and safe all of you affected by this white stuff!

We had a whole 1/2" of snow here last night. Neither newspaper has arrived. But, one comes from Springfield, MO, the other from Little Rock, AR.
Arkansas news last night had everything shutting down in Little Rock. Even the State Capitol is (supposedly) closed today. But the newly electeds are going to be sworn in today. My daughter will be there to watch her new boss get sworn in so she can (finally) start working tomorrow.
They did get a lot more snow there than here and the streets and hills are hard enough to negotiate in nice, dry weather.