Am I the only one who...

Just wondering...do you have{what may be considered} any eccentric tendencies {habits ;)} that are woodworking/shop related?

Am I the only one who... {<< high-lite, copy & paste and 'you too' can play :rofl:}

Am I the only one who...rounds up every pencil I can find when 'one' needs sharpening?

Am I the only one who...that leaves any hand-tool used, laying out{un-put away} until the projects ready for finish work?

Am I the only one who...has a favorite #2 Phillips screwdriver{S&K brand} and will search it out in a drawer full of them?

Maybe this won't be as fun as I think, therefore I'll close with ...'Am I the only one' :rofl:

OK, I'll bite. :D

Am I the only one who...wears Ugg boots in the shop? (My 'shop slippers'.)

Am I the only one who...has gone out to the shop in pajamas (or underwear) to shoot one more coat of lacquer on a piece before going to bed?

Am I the only one who...sees the logic in buying a 5 hp compressor to run a 2" sander?

Am I the only one who...at an age somewhere in the middle 50s has the boyish good looks of a 70-year-old? :p

am I the only one that has given names to all my stationary machines and talks to them like they are alive?
(My wife says no, institutions have alot of guys like me that talk to things)
Danny the drill press
Tommy the TS
Morton the mortiser, morty for short
Lenny the lathe
Mickey the mitre saw
Benny the band saw
Jerry the jointer
Petey the planer
and I named the drum sander Sandy, only female name because she always is very finicky and has to have her belt on exactly perfectly or she doesnt cooperate, but when she does, I love her.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who takes his favorite little knife and likes to throw it , stick it in the wall just for kicks............when something worked out much better then I thought it would. :rolleyes:
Am I the only one who thinks I'm normal and everyone else is strange.:D
Am I the only one who has to make sure the chisel is sharp before use even if used the day before or 2 hours before.
Am I the only one who dose not mind Black Snakes and mice battling for supremacy of the dark places in the shop.

Am I the only one who keeps a sharpening plate on the bench while using my chisels so I can take a few swipes every so often?
Am I the only one that 8 out of 10 times will reach for a hand tool because I find it quicker than having to set up the machine or power tool?
Am I the only one that looks at a project and gets excited when I have to scratch my head to figure out how to make it?
Am I the only one that by the end of the workday just about every tool in the shop is stacked up in complete disarray where they were used and the wood chips are all over the place even with the dc going?
Am I the only one that has a pair of shop sneakers with the backs broken down so I can just slide my feet in and out of them so I don't track sawdust all over the house much to the dismay of loml..?
Am I the only one that tries to do everything myself when sometimes it would be best to get some help moving it etc instead of crawling into my den afterwards with a hand full of motrin...... :doh:

Am I the only one who...has a favorite #2 Phillips screwdriver{S&K brand} and will search it out in a drawer full of them?

Actually yes, yes you are. :rolleyes:

Generally, if a piece of hardware comes packaged with Philips screws, I do my best to THROW THEM OUT and use Robertson in their place.

Am I the only one who has specific slots/spots for their screwdrivers in the tool box? (I can send my son to the shop and tell him exactly that the red robertson is front/left in the rack...)

Actually yes, yes you are. :rolleyes:

Generally, if a piece of hardware comes packaged with Philips screws, I do my best to THROW THEM OUT and use Robertson in their place.

Am I the only one who has specific slots/spots for their screwdrivers in the tool box? (I can send my son to the shop and tell him exactly that the red robertson is front/left in the rack...)

Not really, I have two that I use and will stop all work until I find them, even though there are 3-6 more in the drawer.

Am I the only one that stops all work and puts a tool back where it was before getting a another tool... so I can find the first one when I need it again.

Am I the only that will put a pencil behind my ear and then can't find it when I need it next time.

Am I the only one who...at an age somewhere in the late 69's almost 70 has the boyish good looks of a 50-year-old? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Am I the only one.....................

that can't hold a pencil behind his ear?????????:(:eek::eek::huh::dunno:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Am I the only one that cant find his/her tape measure once I put it down?
Am I the only one that deliberately leaves a pencil at each of my work stations only to find them all piled up in the last station I worked at?

Am I the only one who...has gone out to the shop in pajamas (or underwear) to shoot one more coat of lacquer on a piece before going to bed?

Nope! :eek::)

Am I the only one that hasn't been in the shop in weeks because of the heat? (OK I went out there last night, but sweat thru a shirt in 10 mins so I came back in :()
Am I the only one that has stacks of pics and drawings of projects that will probably never get done?
Am I the only one that has promised the LOML that she can park in the garage by winter for 5+yrs...and it's never happend! :eek:
Am I the only one that is amazed by the skill, knowledge, kindness and thoughtfulness of the members of this forum?...no I don't think I am. :thumb:

Actually yes, yes you are. :rolleyes:...

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I expected that in regards to the last line of my opening post :D

Am I the only one who...waxes my machine tables ten times more often than my truck?

Am I the only one who...loses all track of time in the shop?

Am I the only one who...has found what they were looking for... 'inside' the shop vac!

Am I the only one who...who can just 'sit' in the shop?

Nope! :eek::)

Am I the only one that has stacks of pics and drawings of projects that will probably never get done?
Am I the only one that is amazed by the skill, knowledge, kindness and thoughtfulness of the members of this forum?...no I don't think I am. :thumb:

Nope! Right there with you on those....

• Am I the only one that has more projects than time available?
  • Am I the only one that wants to get out in the shop but something else always seems to get in the way?
  • That really, really wants to be organized but just can quite seem to get there?