Welcome to 303

Dear Tod,
you talked me into it, so here we go.my shop1.jpg
This is new to you but it has taken me almost 15 years renting this space and frequenting it most daily to fill it like it is. my shop2.jpg It is a hobby shop, a design studio, and artist's (me) playground and a cabinet/furniture shop.my shop3.jpg It is a storage shed, an art gallery, and a place where visions become tactile.my shop4.jpg.
More later.
Woodworking by Shaz

Last edited:
Looks like a place where lots of stuff gets done, Shaz. Your shop organization reminds me somewhat of mine, except a lot bigger, with more tools and WAY more wood. (I hope you don't take that as an insult, considering my apparently winning entry in the messy bench contest.) :p

I agree with Don, howsabout some more pics?

shaz, looks like i`d feel right at home in your shop! i`m sitting in a hotel loby looking at a postage stamp sized monitor right now but even from here it looks inviting.......thanks! tod

Hey, with that monster sized fan sitting by the main door... why is there dust on the floor? :rofl: Seems to me that if you fire that sucker up you'd create some pretty major suction. Better tie down the off-cuts. :D

Shaz,

Denise and I both said "Wow" when we saw those pictures. Looks 'worked in' and that's a GREAT thing!

Share some more pics...seeing a persons 'mess' helps us better understand the mess maker...;)

Thanks...
- Marty -

Looks like a place where lots of stuff gets done, Shaz. Your shop organization reminds me somewhat of mine, except a lot bigger, with more tools and WAY more wood. (I hope you don't take that as an insult, considering my apparently winning entry in the messy bench contest.) :p

I agree with Don, howsabout some more pics?
Hi Don, and Oh Vaughn..
Me thinks it does look like your place and hope you would feel welcome here, you would be. :wave: Oh and congratulations on that fun messy bench thread, you really have a mess :rofl: , Since I don't how to isolate segments of quotes, nor have I the knowledge to include more than one quote with a response in a post we will do it this way for now. my shop5.jpg my shop6.jpg

Last edited:
shaz, looks like i`d feel right at home in your shop! i`m sitting in a hotel loby looking at a postage stamp sized monitor right now but even from here it looks inviting.......thanks! tod
Dear Tod,
We are in this together, you know that, it is what we do. Some look forward to retirement to do what we do everyday. "I guess we are living a dream."
my shop7.jpg
Sometimes it seems like a nightmare, like with Steve's misfortune, but he grabbed ahold and headed up that next hill. It is what we do.
So sure you could teach me a fewwww things.
my shop8.jpg
Shaz

Hey, with that monster sized fan sitting by the main door... why is there dust on the floor? :rofl: Seems to me that if you fire that sucker up you'd create some pretty major suction. Better tie down the off-cuts. :D
Hello Art,
Real cute, :D but you are right it will move stuff.
It is on all summer and it will blow the @&5%%$&&$(6*&*^% around. Oh yea about that dust,you have four possible choices
A. I am waiting on the dusty floor contest photos,
B. It has been cold and we haven't needed the big boy
C. Did some work for Dusty Hill and if he comes over thought he would feel at home
D.My only claim to having a wood floor
As for the cut offs and drops...:rolleyes: A real possibility:)
Enjoy,my shop9.jpg
Shaz

Attachments

• my shop11.jpg
    my shop11.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 39
Shaz,

Denise and I both said "Wow" when we saw those pictures. Looks 'worked in' and that's a GREAT thing!

Share some more pics...seeing a persons 'mess' helps us better understand the mess maker...;)

Thanks...
- Marty -
Hi Marty, Your progress is phenomenal and that project will someday be complete. You are an inspiration. "slacker" :rofl:
I am pleased you are enjoying my shop tour, it is a working place, a least I work there.:rolleyes: My grown-up helpers are having too much fun to call it work for them,:huh: one is a pilot and the other a culinary chef, both on leave for the time being. So glad You and Denise are having time to visit. Hope this weekend has been good for you both.
As always,
Shazmy shop11.jpgmy shop12.jpg

Thanks Shaz. This looks like the kind of shop where a lot of good work gets done.

Do you have a layout plan by any chance? If so, I sure would like to see it.
Hi there Frank,
It is our/my objective to get things done, and I do have a lot of requests that are more fun than others but basically, for a shop that does mainly one of a kind, prototype stuff I think I do get out projects in a timely manner.
As far as a layout plan I don't have one in print but "I have a dream".

Material... in goes directly through the main door to the area near the most probably used first tool. Sheet goods to the table saw, trim toward the miter box, solid stock to the jointer,( I get my solid stock usually surfaced and straight lined (S-3-S... surfaced three sides) unless I am needing to run molding, in which case I will buy my solid stock rough for thickness and then do it myself on the jointer and on a small 12 surfacer (after it has been ripped into narrower boards). Surfacing rough cut to smooth is rewarding mentally but at this time not financially rewarding enough to spend time doing it. After that it is a matter of moving the smaller pieces toward the tool that is needed for the next phase. ie. molding and shaping, crosscut or whatever. This is just my plan for the little things I build. We learn a bit from everyone, I from you, you from me, Thanks.:wave: my shop13.jpg
Shaz

Last edited:
Try to realize the fact I have been doing this stuff since the late 70's and have been a "pack rat" all my life. :thumb: And Man do I have some neat stuff. :D I have been blessed.
my shop14.jpg
my shop15.jpg
I will be happy to start posting "things to build" from smaller pieces some time in the future. You may start "packing up".
Shaz:)

This is a photo of some more of the wood stored round with an oscillating spindle sander under the plastic.
my shop16.jpg
This was a photo of projects at hand that day.
my shop17.jpg
In the next photo you see examples of the drawers we are building in the drawer thread, and oh yes notice the surfacer, the run off height is the table saw top, so that works out well for me.
Shaz

Attachments

• my shop18.jpg
    my shop18.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 24
Everyone has stuff just laying around and that is what this is, Stuff.
my shop22.jpgmy shop19.jpg
On the same side as my vertical storage is my RAS set up.
double RAS.jpg
Here is a photo of some recently used molding cutters I used on the unisaw ( a great tool for molding heads and the dado blades).
Maybe more later, there is alot that doesn't meet the eye.
Shaz:)

Attachments

• molding knives and cutters.jpg
    molding knives and cutters.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 21