hey stu, i got a question about your "dungeon"

Mike Gager

i was looking at your website and all the pics of your dungeon and one thing crossed my mind, im sure it may have been asked before but i got to know...

how do you get large objects like tools, large pieces of wood, finished projects, etc, in and out of the dungeon? all i saw was the little trap door entrance, is there another way in/out?

Nope that is it, my hatch. It does open up to 120 cm square, (just under 4' x4') when I need to open it that far. You would be surprised at how large a hole that actually is :D

I use gravity and an electric hoist on the way down, and just the electric hoist on the way up (have not figured out how to reverse the polarity on gravity yet).

lift_off.jpg

Old DC going down the hatch......

touch_down.jpg

Houston, we have touchdown!! :D

Cheers!

On a related door question... I see a door immediately behind the hatch... So do you get people tromping on the roof of your hatch all the time? I would think that could get annoying.

On a related door question... I see a door immediately behind the hatch... So do you get people tromping on the roof of your hatch all the time? I would think that could get annoying.

I would if that door opened anymore :D

You will notice that there is no door knob on it.

You see, when the building was built, the code required a concrete wall between the parking area and the walking area, so we had two doors, one from the parking area into the buildings elevator room place, and one from the walking area to the elevator spot. Once the building inspectors had been paid off, ah..... I mean once they had left, the concrete wall was torn down, and the door was closed for the last time, not be opened again :rolleyes: :wave: