pocket doors.....

James Edwards

let me start off saying that this is my 1st attempt at this. I'm building a 2-piece ent. center for the wife, and now I'm at a standstill. I've installed both sets of slides(KV),and they work fine with the follower strip. now the cup hinges.. well, I made a test door, following the measurements provided: 1.5" down from top/bottom edges, but it's not real clear on how far in from the sides to locate hole center?? The plans seem to have a vast array of measurements, but none that I see for this. also, on the test door, after hooking up top hinge, the bottom hinge is off by half the width of the hinge arm.All the measurements are w/i 1/16th, so I'm lost. I don't wanna move either slide, as they roll great. how about marking the locations of each hige while attached to the slide?? I don't understand how they could be off that much??? :eek:

...now the cup hinges.. well, I made a test door, following the measurements provided: 1.5" down from top/bottom edges, but it's not real clear on how far in from the sides to locate hole center??...on the test door, after hooking up top hinge, the bottom hinge is off by half the width of the hinge arm.All the measurements are w/i 1/16th, so I'm lost. I don't wanna move either slide, as they roll great. how about marking the locations of each hige while attached to the slide?? I don't understand how they could be off that much??? :eek:

By 'cup hinges' I'm assuming you mean the Blum/Hafele type Euro hinges? If so, I usually position the 35mm hole so that its edge is about 1/8" (3mm) in from the door's edge.

As for the vertical spacing, use the center-to-center spacing on the slide, and then transfer it to your door, keeping it centered between top & bottom.

That oughtta do it fo you.

By 'cup hinges' I'm assuming you mean the Blum/Hafele type Euro hinges? If so, I usually position the 35mm hole so that its edge is about 1/8" (3mm) in from the door's edge.

As for the vertical spacing, use the center-to-center spacing on the slide, and then transfer it to your door, keeping it centered between top & bottom.

That oughtta do it fo you.

yeah Jim, they're Salice(whatever that means) 40MM Euro hinges... so you use 1/8" ?? ok, I'll try that...Thanks

For some reason alot of the pocket door slides use hinges with 40 mm cups. I liked the ones blum used to make that used a cable system to align the doors and to keep them from sagging.