Hogs Gone Wild

Didn't watch the whole thing, too long.
Shows I have seen they only got rid of one or two hogs. Lot of time and expense for little results. There are jillions of those wild hogs in Texas, it will take wholesale extermination to control the numbers.

BACON!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I really want to see a Hughes 500D with a mini gun with a 30mm DUC in the front...Now that would be fun!!!!
That was some nice shootin':thumb:

"Shows I have seen they only got rid of one or two hogs. Lot of time and expense for little results."

Regarding the show, that's what I think too Frank.

Lots of farms up and down California have problems with feral pigs and they are all over the military bases as well. I have received some chops, cuts and sausage from pig hunters and boy is it tasty.

Cheers,

they claim we have some in my area but i havnt seen any sign of them, wish they were here that would make me some good hunting for all year.. but they do raise havoc on the farms and lawns of the golf courses..

While I understand the need of controlling its population, I think it is like fishing on a pond, I think that there can be other ways of controlling their numbers, less expensive and more effective.

I understand the need for control, but don't like to see animals of any kind suffer. Drop 'em and make sure they are dead before you move on to the next target. Don't waste the meat. Then again, I don't have a bunch of feral hogs tearing up my crops, so my perspective might be a little different.

I hear they are in Southern Indiana, I know what three or four domestic hogs can do to our yard when they get out, let alone wild hogs on my pond banks, hay stacks, fences, garden, pasture. 223, 44 mag, 30-30 just to name a few of the eradication methods. Oh and some good dogs! Those things decimate turkey nests, eat baby deer by the dozens, nothing good from having them. Okay, my rant off.

Oh, I don't have the right player so couldn't see the video, read the story line provided though. The shows are dumb if you ask me, they relocate them????? Yeah, who wants them in their back yard?

Wild boar hunting (Paso Robles CA in particular)...don't dare miss...or you will be dinner. But they are the tastiest meat around

Back in my younger day went hunting em with a buddy, I was his backup gun. He put the 1st shot in the chest of a big ole bore with a .308 and it made the pig real mad so he turned and charged us I shot the second shot with a 30-06. Then with both shot him again and he finally dropped. 3 of the bullets were in the heart 2 .308's an 1 30-06. He sure was tasty though.

I have read about the problem that feral hogs have become. It seems as if control has become a losing proposition.

I wonder how many generations of these hogs being hunted from helicopters will pass before they learn not to run. If they don't bolt from hiding they will be safe.

Sorta like the pheasants who fly when spooked are getting killed off whereas the ones who run along the ground and remain in cover are being dominant.

I have read about the problem that feral hogs have become. It seems as if control has become a losing proposition.

I wonder how many generations of these hogs being hunted from helicopters will pass before they learn not to run. If they don't bolt from hiding they will be safe.

Sorta like the pheasants who fly when spooked are getting killed off whereas the ones who run along the ground and remain in cover are being dominant.

good point mike i to have seen the survial instink take over on pheasents and other species,, and hogs are far from dumb.. they have better nose's than deer do. and are very tought to take with a bow,, it can be done.. Steve B yes they have them but he wasnt up to the hunting yet,, he is still tryun to get healed up from a flail chest injury..

Hogs don't really have to be feral to vicious... back when my dad was a young farmer just starting out, he raise the Poland China breed of hogs as his cash crop... he had an old sow that probably went close to 300 lbs.... after every litter of pigs he would have to take the pigs or else she would eat them... she also ate every chicken that had the misfortune of landing in her pen which backed up to the pole barn he used as a garage... out dog had a litter of puppies in the barn... some of them crawled under the wall into her pen and she ate them too.... Dad fed her VERY carefully as she attached him a few times... he kept her because she was a good brood sow... usually she would have 10-14 piglets at a birthing.