Fedex truck arrived today

Bart Leetch

Now I really have to get to work & use these new tools.

These should help with my seeing measurements with my eye + glasses parallax.

Install was easy to install & seems to work fine.:D:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• Wixey 1.jpg
    Wixey 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Wixey2.jpg
    Wixey2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 67
  • wixey3.jpg
    wixey3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Bart, keep us posted on how it works after you use it some, (cause mine should be here by mid week...... but won't see any use til I get this shop finished:().

Does the Tape thingy stick onto your fence rail, or does it come on it's own rail? I just can't remember from reading the initial writeup on it shortly after it came on the mkt.

Two nice additions to the shop. I have the Beall version of the digital angle finder, and have gotten good use out of it. If your joints don't fit now, you can't blame the saw anymore. :D

Bart, keep us posted on how it works after you use it some, (cause mine should be here by mid week...... but won't see any use til I get this shop finished:().

Does the Tape thingy stick onto your fence rail, or does it come on it's own rail? I just can't remember from reading the initial writeup on it shortly after it came on the mkt.

It comes on it's own rail?

The only thing about it is the FAQ's list on the web site says

Can the WR700 Fence Readout measure on the left side of the blade?
Yes, The WR700 comes with 63" of track which gives you 60" total inches of measuring. This can be positioned to measure 36" to the right and 24" to the left; 52" to the right and 8" to the left; or any other combination that adds up to 60".

They forgot to account for the width of the fence.

I set my tape measure on the Shopfox / Biesemeyer fence on a right tilt Unisaw to read 24" to the left & 40' to the right. With the Wixey I have between 17"-18" to the left & 40" to the right. I can still use the tape to the left so am not completely stuck.

Bart, can you arbitrarily zero the rip guide? Say, for instance, if you have a router table in an extension wing? I suspect the answer is yes to account for blade tilting or varying width kerfs / dado sets on the saw.

When (if? :doh: ) I get around to making a rip sled for my RAS I may want to look into one of these if it can be re-zeroed.

Bart, you're gonna love that Wixey angle gauge. I use mine constantly. It helped me identify a coplanar issue on my jointer, has been indispensable in cutting all those angles for my chance furniture, gets me dead on 90 on my chop saw, and even helps me set up the cheap little miter gauge that came with my belt sander.

Bart, can you arbitrarily zero the rip guide? Say, for instance, if you have a router table in an extension wing? I suspect the answer is yes to account for blade tilting or varying width kerfs / dado sets on the saw.

When (if? :doh: ) I get around to making a rip sled for my RAS I may want to look into one of these if it can be re-zeroed.

Bart I've had the Wixey for a couple of years now. You can zero it anywhere on the track you want. Follow the direction very closely and you won't have any problems. You will want to buy extra batteries for it as it will eat them up. I buy the 2032's on eBay for a fraction of the cost from Wally World.

Bart, you're gonna love that Wixey angle gauge. I use mine constantly. It helped me identify a coplanar issue on my jointer

Rennie, that single post paid for all my post reading this week. Why did I not think of that? Thanks!!! I have been only using it to check that my table saw blade is square to the table. I need to start thinking about other uses.

good deal bart :thumb::thumb: got the liitle part but i dont have the rip fence addition. have used one and it does work well.. i also know that wixey is working on a shaper height guage as well..saw some beta applications..Mr wixey got outa bed on the right side when he come up with this invention!!!

Bart, I have both. I also have a Beall gauge. All are great additions to the shop. I've heard other posts about battery life problems. I put in a Duracell when I got my fence as the battery that arrived with the unit was weak ( not dead but weak). I have yet to replace that battery so IMHO; buy "fresh", quality batteries.

I have had the already reported problem of the fence unit losing zero after a couple of days of non-use. I have never had it lose calibration while using it so I consider this incidental. As other owners have reported this I sent an email to Barry to ask about it; I'll post his response.

The incremental measurement becomes quite useful once you start to think that way. You make a cut at 12" and then want a board 3-19/32" narrower . . . zero the gauge and slide your fence; presto.

Let's see, how many ways do I use that angle gauge?

- Table saw blade angle
- CMS blade angle
- Jointer fence to table and in-table to out-table relationship
- Router table fence at 90*
- Drill press for table leveling or even better; table angle.
- Clamp your miter gauge in a vise and use it to set/confirm angle settings
Wixey-on-Miter-2.jpg Wixey-on-Miter-1.jpg
. . . and I'll bet there's more ;-)

Last edited:
Rennie - thanks for causing a doh-slap moment here too! :doh:

I NEVER thought of using the Wixey Angle to help setup/tune-up my CMS.

That's why I love reading what other people are doing.

Cheers

Jim

It comes on it's own rail?

The only thing about it is the FAQ's list on the web site says

Can the WR700 Fence Readout measure on the left side of the blade?
Yes, The WR700 comes with 63" of track which gives you 60" total inches of measuring. This can be positioned to measure 36" to the right and 24" to the left; 52" to the right and 8" to the left; or any other combination that adds up to 60".

They forgot to account for the width of the fence.

I set my tape measure on the Shopfox / Biesemeyer fence on a right tilt Unisaw to read 24" to the left & 40' to the right. With the Wixey I have between 17"-18" to the left & 40" to the right. I can still use the tape to the left so am not completely stuck.

Thanks for the info, Bart. And Thanks to you too, Glenn, especially about the battery.